Half-Giant Accuracy

Started by DesertT, July 18, 2023, 03:12:10 PM

Half-Giants should receive a 5% targeting penalty for each PC/NPC in the room when they are trying to attack something.

Five people in the room?  25% chance you target the wrong thing.

20 people in the room?  *insert evil cackle and grin here*

This would help instill a proper fear of their swing-radius.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Does that include HG soldiers too?  ;D
A smart thief can cause a terrible chaos in city.

Quote from: najdorf on July 18, 2023, 05:07:26 PMDoes that include HG soldiers too?  ;D
A smart thief can cause a terrible chaos in city.
Always that "one guy" who has to RUIN it for everyone else...
::)  :o  8)

City Rooms, maybe.
Outdoor rooms? Only if the system has a way to identify INSTANCES of combat.

No way should an HG 40ft away from you fighting a beetle be 'accidentally' hitting people in another melee with a salt worm "just because there are other people in the room".
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

HGs should be 3 karma so they are played less like socially accepted non raging muls.

Quote from: Inks on July 20, 2023, 08:08:28 AMHGs should be 3 karma so they are played less like socially accepted non raging muls.

Right now, half--giants can bash you to death without even touching you a single time in coded combat, just >bash pc.

I wholeheartedly agree they should be 3 karma, considering you can roll in-game, at chargen, and steamroll PCs

Is 2 karma not enough trust?
You think the people with 3 karma can be trusted not to fuck someone over with an infinite-bash if something doesn't go their way?

3 karma is not the answer to "but this is strong".

A half giant with a club should have a 10% chance of hitting everyone in the room. Except they should have a 40% penalty to making any contact at all with dwarves unless the half-giant is laying down or the dwarf is on its mount.

Quote from: Riev on July 20, 2023, 09:33:59 AMIs 2 karma not enough trust?
You think the people with 3 karma can be trusted not to fuck someone over with an infinite-bash if something doesn't go their way?

3 karma is not the answer to "but this is strong".

My problem is with the shitty smart way they are RP'd, to win.

Doublepalli's is with coded power.

These two things combined does a bad HG make. 70% of HGs seem to be like this.

So player complaint them. Let staff know when an HG seems to be swinging above their weight class.

Stop telling 70% of HG players, many of which probably thought they were doing fine, that they were bad.

July 20, 2023, 01:22:02 PM #10 Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 01:26:57 PM by Inks
If they aren't playing like that they will know they are part of the 30%. Calm down.

And yes. If you see a smart one you should complain. And they should be held to a higher rp standard by staff the same as muls, because it can be very challenging to play as stupid.

This is why I think 3 karma would be best for HGs.

Quote from: Inks on July 20, 2023, 12:50:31 PMMy problem is with the shitty smart way they are RP'd, to win.

How did I do playing Bloop in Red Storm a few years ago?  ;)

You know, what inspired this idea was watching two half-giant Soldiers (along with other AoD NPCs) chasing after a city rat.

I thought to myself, there's no way nobody else gets hurt during this. 

Quote from: DesertT on July 20, 2023, 02:34:33 PM
Quote from: Inks on July 20, 2023, 12:50:31 PMMy problem is with the shitty smart way they are RP'd, to win.

How did I do playing Bloop in Red Storm a few years ago?  ;)

You know, what inspired this idea was watching two half-giant Soldiers (along with other AoD NPCs) chasing after a city rat.

I thought to myself, there's no way nobody else gets hurt during this.

Honestly this seems like something someone should have wished up for.

I have seen some real interesting scenes after wishing up about scenes like the one described.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

Quote from: LindseyBalboa on July 21, 2023, 10:48:11 AMHonestly this seems like something someone should have wished up for.

I have seen some real interesting scenes after wishing up about scenes like the one described.
I know, right?!?

Wish up about what's happening, then 2.5 seconds later, wish back up telling them, "Nevermind.  The rat's dead.  You missed it."

If a targeting percentage were assigned, then over the long run, that'd be less work for Staff and more entertainment for the majority of the rest of us.

There aren't many mundane options for karma restricted roles. Don't put hg at 3 Karma. Not everyone wants to play a mage, but do want to play more challenging roles. Smart is also subjective. The smartest hg would be equivalent to a dumb human, per the docs iirc. Dumb humans can do a lot of things despite being dumb. I'm sure we've all seen examples irl. We don't know what the stats of any particular pc is. If I see a smarter than average hg, I give the player the benefit of the doubt and assume they got a good roll on wisdom. Now if they start composing music or figuring out complex emotions, then I might think they're not playing to the docs. I'd like to see more thoughtful pauses, though. HGs have to basically shut down to process new information.

Counterpoint: Half-giants are not mundane. They're super beatsticks necessary to deal with the overtuned NPCs of Armageddon whose only real constraint are the roleplay rules they're supposed to follow.