Mount Sexes

Started by Pariah, June 30, 2023, 11:18:57 PM

I've noticed that certain creatures are hers and hims, but mounts seem amorphous.  It would be nice if there was a random chance of either sex of beetle, inix, gwoshi etc.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

+1 I think about this all the time, any mounts I have seen that do specify are always male. I've never seen a female mount.

Though I only ever ass -v my own mounts, so maybe they are out there but I never get them? Idk, but this would be pretty neat.
The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

Maybe females are kept for breeding stock, and excess males are put out for sale as mounts. Just sayin.

I always call my mounts 'her', just cus I know the code won't do it for me :P
But yes, I think there's something about only male beetles being sold in the lore somewhere. Or maybe that was inixes.
Lizard time.

Quote from: Fragmented on July 01, 2023, 12:06:15 AM
Maybe females are kept for breeding stock, and excess males are put out for sale as mounts. Just sayin.

I am gain to bet it is this. More so to entirely avoid people attempting to breed them themselves, which they would try and do.

every mount i've bought from an npc was codedly he when #'d

Quote from: Kestria on July 01, 2023, 02:08:37 AM
Quote from: Fragmented on July 01, 2023, 12:06:15 AM

I am gain to bet it is this. More so to entirely avoid people attempting to breed them themselves, which they would try and do.

Ahh Honestly this makes so much sense and I just never thought about it before, but like for those who can tame mounts in the wild, those are all still only male too..
The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

That male only thing makes no sense when you take tamable mounts into account. I also would like a randomised but persistent gender for mounts when bought. Fun little flavor.