Pile of bone lengths.

Started by Mendel, June 18, 2023, 11:44:42 PM

I just started again, and I don't know if this is a new change but:

I -cannot- separate a pile of bone lengths without the skinning skill? I don't care what the mechanics are, it is so intellectually jarring and immersion breaking that I will have to ASK someone to separate them for me.

It is a pile of bones. There is no nuance to the description. I don't care if I am bad at it. Let me sperate it.

June 19, 2023, 01:46:37 AM #2 Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 05:22:16 AM by Inks
You can, with cooking or forage as far as I know, and less efficiently, pretty sure.

If this isn't working bug report for sure. Personally I also think it is stupid how hard it is for a normal dude to get at least a couple of usuable bones, the recipe should be a little easier.

I think I was the one who convinced them to put the cooking "seperate pile of bone" recipe in all those years back, I have a request about it poking about. So if it isn't working bug report it.

If you can't get bones from a pile of bone lengths, buy an expensive-ish skinning knife and try again. If having a skinning knife doesn't help, circle back to this. Inks is right, it's recently been changed to where everyone should be able to do this.
"...only listeners will hear your true pronunciation."

June 19, 2023, 09:34:24 AM #4 Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 09:52:31 AM by JohnMichaelHenry
Quote from: Inks on June 19, 2023, 01:46:37 AM
You can, with cooking or forage as far as I know, and less efficiently, pretty sure.

If this isn't working bug report for sure. Personally I also think it is stupid how hard it is for a normal dude to get at least a couple of usuable bones, the recipe should be a little easier.

I think I was the one who convinced them to put the cooking "seperate pile of bone" recipe in all those years back, I have a request about it poking about. So if it isn't working bug report it.

I edited this because I just tried it in game and I could NOT separate pile of bones with cooking at advanced. I thought sure it was showing up before under cooking skill as well as skinning.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."
― Michael Scott, The Warlock

I just checked and it is possible, it's just not exactly the same.

Quote'rack of ribs and a couple bones' using the 'cooking' skill.

The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

there is a different item with keyword bone.pile that can also be made into bone broth at a fire which can be separated with cooking and skinning but the pile of bone lengths is different

All I know is I tried it with a knife with "skinning knife" in the sdesc, apprentice cooking and apprentice foraging.

Could not craft it to separate.

If it is more advanced than that, I would be surprised, and very disappointed. It is so immersion breaking to look at a literal pile of bones and your character is just stumped on how to do anything with it.

Yeah I think the pile of bones which gives you two short, two long and ribs is skinning only.

If you think they should be separable via cooking, I'd put a request in.  But traditionally when they do stuff like that, it's normally a fraction of what a skilled butcher (skinner) can get.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

The alternate recipe is the one Shaydee noted.

However, it is not available at apprentice skill.  It is at Advanced, at a skill level that combat and light combat would need a tool that boosts cooking level in order to attempt at all.

Should that be lowered? It seems pretty high for a fairly mundane recipe (particularly when I suspect the cooking recipes gated behind it aren't as high themselves).

I will try to remember to look at it when I am on more than just a phone, as you bring up a good point.  The cooking recipe prioritizes the food piece over the bones, so it would be good to somewhat match to those food recipes.