Make Kryl armor resistant to Kryl Acid

Started by LidlessEye, June 10, 2023, 01:34:28 PM

^^^
'One fire drives out one fire,
One nail, one nail.
Rights by rights falter,
Strengths by strengths do fail.'

-Tullus Aufidius, Coriolanus by William Shakespeare

It seems almost too obvious to need a +1, especially as some places now have enough kryl skin to shingle a palace.

Nonetheless, +1.

Not just Kryl shell. Obsidian, and other rock should be immune as well. Its a rock. Basically anything leather, wood, bone, and non-kryl chitin should get messed up.

I agree.  We should do it at the same time that we make various armor types specialized versus damage types.  Piercing, slashing, bludgeoning, and chopping damage all perform differently against different types of armor.    Chitin weapons probably perform differently against other types of armor.  Some armor should also have natural damage resistance to certain elements.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

June 12, 2023, 10:18:50 PM #4 Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 10:39:59 PM by LindseyBalboa
are kryl resistant to kryl acid or do they beat each other to death to use the acid to melt things? real question.

if they are resistant to acid I'm all about it, especially if the armor stays immaculate and the acid runs right off of it like oil on a hot stainless pan.

and since armor doesn't protect from liquids at all it just full-strength dissolves the body part the armor was protecting.

imagine stumbling onto a pristine set of armor and some goo in the forest.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

June 13, 2023, 12:30:00 AM #5 Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 09:08:40 AM by DesertT
All I'm thinking about are Alien movies.

Alien's spit never melts its own shell, just everything else of everyone else's.

Yes, I'm old.  Move on.  :P

ETA:  Thank-you LidlessEye for correcting me.  It's their blood, not their spit, but it's still resistant!!
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Quote from: DesertT on June 13, 2023, 12:30:00 AM

Alien's spit never melts its own shell, just everything else of everyone else's.

Yes, I'm old.  Move on.
:P

It the blood that's acidic  ;)
One nail, one nail.
Rights by rights falter,

Quote from: LidlessEye on June 13, 2023, 01:09:36 AM
Quote from: DesertT on June 13, 2023, 12:30:00 AM

Yes, I'm old.  Move on.
:P

It the blood that's acidic  ;)

That's it! I honestly couldn't remember haha.
sad

Acid is just a damage script.  If you set two kryl with it to fighting each other, yes, they will damage each other with it.

And there is no current way in place to mitigate that damage from the script by wearing certain armor.

Quote from: Brokkr on June 13, 2023, 12:57:29 PM
Acid is just a damage script.  If you set two kryl with it to fighting each other, yes, they will damage each other with it.

And there is no current way in place to mitigate that damage from the script by wearing certain armor.

I believe the intention is to have the acid spit script not deal damage to certain types of armor, rather than not do damage at all.
Is there a way to, at some point, have the script take target location armor type into account?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Must correct you here, Brokkr, I dunno if it's a bug, but acid currently does 0 damage. I've had it melt through armor, seep through clothing, burn skin but hp always remained the same.
One nail, one nail.
Rights by rights falter,

Quote from: LidlessEye on June 13, 2023, 01:35:23 PM

Must correct you here, Brokkr, I dunno if it's a bug, but acid currently does 0 damage. I've had it melt through armor, seep through clothing, burn skin but hp always remained the same.

"I felt a great disturbance in the Way, as if millions of northern voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

*kryl noises*

-Amos-wan Kenobi

sad