What does he look like to you

Started by amish overlord, December 01, 2003, 04:24:37 PM

I was just wondering when you think of Tek and muk or any other famous being or NPC, what is your image of them in your head. For myself I see...
Muk as a ghengis khan or conan type guy who of course uses magick, muscular and with a beard. a giant sword
Tek some wizened old guy in robes

Amish overlord 8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

We thought about this before, when we were in a very altered state.

I dunno about muk, I haven't been exposed to his city enough...but I picture Tek as an extremely old looking, black-robed figure...people who make the mistake of thinking he's old and feeble see him blur into action and are sent flying across the room against iron spikes with a glare.

Yeah, man....that would be AWESOME, man.  Where are my munchies, dude?
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I sorta picture Tek like the host of that restaurant in the movie Office Space, bitching at all the little blue robes about not having enough pieces of flare.

Muk is obviously a flagrant pussy that sits around all day smoking spice and playing a lute, sorta looking like your typical burnt out hippy.

Tektolnes is like the Emperor Palpatine (sp), Dark Lord of the Sith on Star Wars.  Except much much more evil.  *old crone cackling laugh*

I think the two would look relatively similar... I picture two old guys, withered old muscles clinging to their bones, hidden beneath their grey, wrinkled flesh (Muk I always pictured with a prominent white beard and turban), dress in fine robes but little else, who would sit on a darkened throne room all day and only mutter responses to the most important templars on the most important issues.

You need to keep in mind these fekkers are -old-. They only reason they're not dead and/or senile is because of their ub3r l33t magick sl<i11z. I picture them as, after eons of rule, relatively weak physically, though their minds and tongues and senses are likely sharp as steel... I mean, these bastards have been around a long time, and haven't been overthrown by anyone but each other. I figure they have psionic abilities up the ying-yang, magick powers between their toes, not to mention their ludicrous wealth and private guards, who are likely to be some scary fekkers themselves, and the support of a whole kank-humping citystate.

However, since they are centuries old, the great and mighty sorceror-kings have difficulty getting up from their throne due to their ancient, weakened, gnarled limbs, and rule their kingdoms from a distance through their faithful templars and their far-reaching magickal prowess.

Might not be accurate, but it creates a nice image, don't it?
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Well, I have a more timeless image of them, or of Tek at least. Young fellow, with weird eyes and voice. He's the uber with sorcery, so I don't see why he should be a wizened old crone. More like Ra in Tlaloc's precious Stargate.

Muk.. Well.. Supposing I actually believed he's still alive, I'd say he looked pretty old but still bloody strong. King Conanesque. With a turban. And a beard.

My image of them is something they'd print on their coins, I suppose :P

One is either trying to become a dragon or already acomplished this, the other, obviously, has already acomplished this. They rule and wage wars to their fancy, laughing and cackling at the deaths of many before their every whim. Soon, however, I and my communist army shall sweep down from space with mind altering drugs much more potent and addictive than spice. Then we'll create a monopoly, brainwash everyone and use tek and muk as sex slaves.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

I've always pictured Tektones as a withered, wisp-like thing now.. with leering eyes and a toothy grin. Either that, or pictured as a figure with a enormous golden star arrangement rising from his robes in the back.. something overly ornate, and awe-inspiring. His robes would, of course, be golden.

Then again, I've always pictured Muk as a corpulent, chalk-white skinned, heavily tattooed bald guy with somewhat better eyes, and, again, a toothy grin. He'd be able to do just about anything in this state. Something like a cross between what Captain Bloth was in the Pirates of Dark Water, and something less gross.

Don't as me why, but that's how I see them.
"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing." -- Shunryu Suzuki

I always imagined Muk to be some type of foggy Swarchineager (sp[how the fuck do you spell it anyway?]) with mass armor and steel axes.

And Tek a cross between a shruken Godzilla and an aligator... or some type of Power Ranger foe.

Muk Utep: An old, wizened man wearing red, orange and yellow robes with one of those contraptions behind his head shaped like a sun (like Ra wears in Stargate).

Tektolnes: A bipedal lizard in a large black robe, a deep cowled hood atop it.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I've always pictured Tek as the flying fatman (Baron Harkonnen) from Dune (original movie), crossed with a recently buggered velociraptor.  Oh, and the robes, yeah, definitely the robes.

Muk... Muk I picture as Ron Perlman.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I must say I have had the (mis)fortune to have one of my PCs actually meet Tektolnes.  I will say no more, but....I know.  I KNOW!!!

I have seen the truth and it has driven me MAAAAAAD!
Muahahahahahahaha!!!!!!  :twisted:

Um.  Sorry.  *slaps himself*  :shock:

As for Muk Utep....I've always thought of him as exactly what Amish Overlord suggested...Conan or Ghengis Khan type of look....with the personality of the Mule from Isaac Asimov's 'Foundation' Trilogy.

Just my opinions....not based on anything I really know outside of Zalanthan historical info and my own, wild imagination fueled by all the weird shit I read in scifi/fantasy.
-Naatok the Naughty Monkey

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.

You guys are mad if you think Tek or Muk still have there real physical form.

One way or another they are Shades, a vortex of magical energy, able to take on any phycial form they choose too, both of them, if taken a phycial form would be well defined, well muscled, well tanned very striking features, brown eyes, black hair, skin that always looks like its wet.
on't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it.

------

"I have more hit points that you can possible imagine." - Tek, Muk and my current PC.

You think? I agree on the origanel form being no more, but I think the form they take at any given time will be whatever they need, Just think, that next merchant you go to rob might be tek.

Course, if for some reason they were to come out AS tek or Muk, I have basicly pictured MUk the same as Naatok, Tek Though, I've always seen him more like the infected doc smith from the lost in space movie with that robe/cloak, Tek should be disturbing to look at, Muk should be impressive.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Muk-Utep looks like a spike-haired 20-year-old. Jet black hair, gangly with really long slender fingers (perfectly manicured). No facial hair, pasty-white skin, wearing a shimmering robe that causes his image to fade in and out of existence in different light.

Tek looks like the old charicature of Death: An impossibly tall, thin humanoid figure enclosed in a deeply hooded black robe, holding a scythe, and when you dare to look under the hood you see...nothing.

Then again, what makes you think they are male? Have you seen them?
For all we know they pretend to be male because well, no matter how you cut it if you want power you cant have breasts, or people say you slept your way to the top and then you loose power from jelaous men who cant work out if they are turned on by boobs, or envy them.

For all you know, that F-Me PC you just snickered at was Tek or Muk.
on't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it.

------

"I have more hit points that you can possible imagine." - Tek, Muk and my current PC.

I always thought Muk Utep to be the muscular warrior-type (although huge beyond human standards), and Tektolnes to be the hooded, withered man clad in black robes, maybe even serpentine (but not completely dragon-like).  Now, they could both take whatever form they'd want to with their magicks, but these would be their prefered forms.

So in other words, if this were Darksun, Muk Utep would be Hamanu, Lion King of Urik, and Tektolnes would be Gallard, Shadow King of Nibenay.