Forage addition

Started by LindseyBalboa, February 26, 2023, 07:48:13 PM

Please add the function to search for multiple keywords when foraging.

ex. forage rocks for white.blue = forages for rocks that have both white and blue in their name
      forage rocks for white blue = forages for rocks that have either white or blue in the name
      forage rocks for white.blue red = forages for rocks that have both white-and-blue or red in the name
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

Quote from: LindseyBalboa on February 26, 2023, 07:48:13 PM

ex. forage rocks for white.blue = forages for rocks that have both white and blue in their name
      forage rocks for white blue = forages for rocks that have either white or blue in the name
      forage rocks for white.blue red = forages for rocks that have both white-and-blue or red in the name

I love it, but how it works currently is that it will search for rocks with ONLY white and blue in their names.

They would probably have to rewrite how foraging works or put another command like Forage rocks for white OR blue.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Quote from: Pariah on February 26, 2023, 10:35:36 PM
Quote from: LindseyBalboa on February 26, 2023, 07:48:13 PM

I love it, but how it works currently is that it will search for rocks with ONLY white and blue in their names.

They would probably have to rewrite how foraging works or put another command like Forage rocks for white OR blue.

ahh fml. Well good look.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

I like where your mind is, nothing worse than a hundred rocks in the room from people just doing forage drop forage drop forage drop.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Quote from: Pariah on March 20, 2023, 04:37:39 AM
I like where your mind is, nothing worse than a hundred rocks in the room from people just doing forage drop forage drop forage drop.

How is that bad?

Some people need different rocks. Finding a bunch of good stuff lying around for free that someone else foraged for you is fantastic. Saves so much time.

The only downside I suppose is it using server resources...but I suspect that with advances in computing power, item management isn't such a big deal as it was in the 1990s.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I guess for standard rocks that's okay, I just wish they limited the deposits being uncovered, I've been in rooms with 12 rock faces of basalt and that's ridiculous.

Quote from: Pariah on March 27, 2023, 12:22:22 PM
I guess for standard rocks that's okay, I just wish they limited the deposits being uncovered, I've been in rooms with 12 rock faces of basalt and that's ridiculous.

The deposits disappear on their own after a while.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I think, keep "forage for keyword", but change it's current implementation.

Previously, the staff may have indicated that querying the object pool or database using a keyword is not possible. This could be due to technical limitations.

Instead of querying for a single random item, I recommend retrieving a selection of 5 or 10 random items (This should be relatively easier). Then, if the forage parameter matches any of the retrieved items, return it as a result.

forage stones for ruby diamond chunk

keeping only items that contain at least one of the keywords provided in the argument

Could the foraging mutate to that, to allow "up to <x> parameters"?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on March 28, 2023, 11:35:57 AM

keeping only items that contain at least one of the keywords provided in the argument

This would be great.

Quote from: Riev on March 28, 2023, 11:35:57 AM

I would love if forage did the or type model instead of the MUST MATCH EVERY WORD model