Sewers should be part of the city

Started by Foulspawn, February 21, 2023, 05:31:53 PM

February 24, 2023, 07:14:53 AM #25 Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 07:20:40 AM by Night Queen
It's an interesting idea but I can't see any way it could become like this because no one can see in the dark, and it'd be expensive to keep it lit with torches all the time, there'd need to be some kind of organizing to make that happen - unless the Guild got driven underground (which could be fun)

And even then, when it is made more comfortable, doesn't it just become another section of already-big rinth if just becomes like a cellar?

Also wouldn't it be against the interests of those who would like to hide things down there in the first place to make it a busy area?

There are both natural tunnels and manmade tunnels in the sewers.

I tried to suggest a re-vamp of the stamina-drain in tunnels on a character trying to start up a "short distance walk" to a mutant-welcome cavern system. I had plans for how to keep things lit well, maybe even a multi-year dig to the surface to accept any passer-by, etc. Themed after simple stone-smiths and moss grebbers.

It just could not be done. The rooms would, apparently, have to be remade and inserted into the existing system.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on February 24, 2023, 11:40:35 AM
I tried to suggest a re-vamp of the stamina-drain in tunnels on a character trying to start up a "short distance walk" to a mutant-welcome cavern system. I had plans for how to keep things lit well, maybe even a multi-year dig to the surface to accept any passer-by, etc. Themed after simple stone-smiths and moss grebbers.

It just could not be done. The rooms would, apparently, have to be remade and inserted into the existing system.

I think I even tried to run into a sewer tunnel once as a D-elf and I could run across the world with one stamina drain per room, but those tunnels gave me crazy stamina loss like ten per room or something.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

I can confirm that you will tire yourself out quick as fuck no matter if you're a tall delf who can stride across the desert or Brick the 3'1" dwarf with AI endurance while trying to **walk** across the sewers.

This isn't an issue if you're a combat class and sure of yourself or if you're an old player. You know what's there, you know that whatever or whoever is going to run into you is going to have a bad time if they fuck with you while you're resting in the gunk. But imagine playing a survivalist or light crafting class, especially if this is your first time there. I go into tachycardia when I think that my movement points aren't enough for me to make it back and out of there.

March 26, 2023, 05:06:49 AM #30 Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 05:33:58 AM by Inks
I think they are more wilderness, I would rather not give magickers the ability to hide both in the alleys and the sewers.

The majority of that area is caves anyway, they should change the thinner tunnel parts to nohide.

I wouldn't cry if just the man made tunnel parts were switched to city hide though. But the narrow parts should be nohide. It's already hard enough to find elf gickers, and I have played many of them.

I oppose both. They should be no hide/sneak rooms.
Have a look at those tunnels. There is nothing in them (except for caverns) to aid in stealth.
Only way to hide there is to scubadive into shit and slither your way like a sperm.

March 26, 2023, 08:11:26 AM #32 Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 08:13:18 AM by Jarvis
Wilderness wild makes sense.

The  most dedicated should be happy to float around in shit pretending to be a corpse with their mouth closed and nose poking out, or folded over a corner caked in dust staying very still.
The people of Zalanthas seem unhinged enough to figure out ways to hide in a straight tunnel  full of  rubble and sewage.

I always took city hide as careful management of corners and lines of sight aswell as crowds and "blending in", social engineering and all that  good stuff.
Whilst wilderness survival I always pictured as a desert ghillie suit scraping mud on his face and standing very still under the sand for hours
The man puts his tongued, grotesque, translucent groin rig on over his eyes.