Question about weapons and combat.

Started by Pariah, February 21, 2023, 08:57:01 AM

So most of my character that were longer lived were Stalker, and with them you have a choice between piercing and bludgeoning weapon type and all the different weapon styles (2 handed, dual etc)

So with them I've always just picked a spear or a club and rolled out, or two if I dual wielded, thus sorta specializing in whatever I picked.

So my question is this, if you play a class that has access to every one, bludgeoning, chopping, slashing and piercing, and you decide to say do a sword and an axe.

I know that you will end up training up the dual wield combat style, but will you actually learn both weapon types?  Or will it just go by what's in your primary hand.

I guess this is why I never mixed and matched before because I was worried I would eventually be a savant with my mainhand/drawn first weapon, and handicapped with the secondary one since it's not using the same weapon skill as my first.

Secondary question, just cause I never really got the point of it.

Why are there stabbing and piercing weapons and why are they differentiated? I know those both work of piercing weapons skill, but never really got why there was a difference in the first place, why not have everything be either stabbing or piercing?
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

I can actually answer the very last part. Stabbing weapons can be used with the 'backstab' skill but still count as piercing weapons for the weapon skill. The intentions is probably to make sure that you can't backstab with something like a longspear and keep the ability to daggers and knives.
I was told this game was full of twinks, all I found was power gamers.

Unless new reworks changed anything, I always play with the idea that "If you don't have it in your main hand, its not skilling up". So. EP, ETWO? Those will work skills. Dual Wield seems to only work off your general offense and the skill itself.

So in my experience, you are correct. Ep sword/es axe won't raise you chopping skills but will raise dual wield.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Sorta what I was thinking.  So is it accurate that I could grind up dual wield to say Journeyman or Advanced.

Then pick up anything in my off hand and be deadly as shit from it, so the dual-wield overrules the ability with the actual thing in the hand?
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Quote from: Pariah on February 21, 2023, 01:24:20 PM
Sorta what I was thinking.  So is it accurate that I could grind up dual wield to say Journeyman or Advanced.

Then pick up anything in my off hand and be deadly as shit from it, so the dual-wield overrules the ability with the actual thing in the hand?

... yup. can't wait for the combat change.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts