NEW COMMAND: Injure

Started by LindseyBalboa, February 17, 2023, 05:01:02 PM

Injure

Use: injure (target) (light / moderate / heavy / severe) (hitloc)

Can use on yourself freely, or someone else if subdued or unconscious. Will wake sleepers. Can also use on the willing via y/n/ consent prompt.

What injure does:

It damages the hit location selected on the target, using the damage type of the weapon wielded by the user.

If no weapons, bludgeoning is default.

The amount of damage varies but is generally within a range that is selected when using the command.

This command should likely default to limbo status if it does manage to get somone to ~0hp, instead of outright killing. Accidents can happen, but if your intent isn't to kill it's not as likely to.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

I would love this.

I had a number of scenes where this would have benefitted them. Small bits of flavor would be nice for...again...a number...of things. I have a bunch of recent examples.
Veteran Newbie

Quote from: LindseyBalboa on February 17, 2023, 05:01:02 PM
Injure

Use: injure (target) (light / moderate / heavy / severe) (hitloc)

Can use on yourself freely, or someone else if subdued or unconscious. Will wake sleepers. Can also use on the willing via y/n/ consent prompt.

What injure does:

It damages the hit location selected on the target, using the damage type of the weapon wielded by the user.

If no weapons, bludgeoning is default.

The amount of damage varies but is generally within a range that is selected when using the command.

This command should likely default to limbo status if it does manage to get somone to ~0hp, instead of outright killing. Accidents can happen, but if your intent isn't to kill it's not as likely to.

yes, but I'd want a full kill delay on the user of the command, and the prompt to force you to type like 'injure consent' and anything else either denies it and passes the command through.  And any other command by the initiator ends the prompt early. 

I love the idea of a confirm prompt, but the potential to slip in an 'injure x' to 'eat' combat initiation or whatever other commands is ripe for abuse.

Kill and Arrange work just fine. If you're upset you killed a PC, maybe reconsider what  drove you to attack them.

February 17, 2023, 05:33:33 PM #4 Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 05:40:03 PM by LindseyBalboa
Quote from: BadSkeelz on February 17, 2023, 05:25:00 PM
Kill and Arrange work just fine. If you're upset you killed a PC, maybe reconsider what  drove you to attack them.

How do I kill and arrange my own corpse without killing myself to show self-inflicted injury?

Quote from: Brisket on February 17, 2023, 05:19:50 PM

yes, but I'd want a full kill delay on the user of the command, and the prompt to force you to type like 'injure consent' and anything else either denies it and passes the command through.  And any other command by the initiator ends the prompt early. 

I love the idea of a confirm prompt, but the potential to slip in an 'injure x' to 'eat' combat initiation or whatever other commands is ripe for abuse.

Would work better with a nosave toggle?
sad

Quote from: LindseyBalboa on February 17, 2023, 05:33:33 PM

How do I kill and arrange my own corpse without killing myself to show self-inflicted injury?

tdesc

February 17, 2023, 07:19:35 PM #6 Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 07:26:49 PM by LindseyBalboa
Quote from: BadSkeelz on February 17, 2023, 05:49:23 PM
Quote from: LindseyBalboa on February 17, 2023, 05:33:33 PM

tdesc

Except:

How many hp does that take away? Is it variable? Does it show up on assess using the new wounds system, or on corpses?

I continue to think this would be a useful rp tool with very little coding needed, as it's already a coded command that just needs to be copy/pasted and tweaked a touch.

(edit: that being said I truly admire your commitment to using tdesc, a great feature on its own)
sad

I think, long ago, the Staff designated that options for self-harm should not be a feature in Armageddon but that was over ten years ago, so I'm not sure what their stance is on the subject.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

You fail and injure yourself.  ;D

I've kept a terradin poisoned flask on some spy pcs in case of capture by the enemy.

But injuries can be rped.

Quote from: Inks on February 19, 2023, 07:26:32 AM
I've kept a terradin poisoned flask on some spy pcs in case of capture by the enemy.

But injuries can be rped.

this is awesome