Staff Thanks!!

Started by DesertT, February 14, 2023, 01:45:07 PM

February 14, 2023, 01:45:07 PM Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 02:23:53 PM by DesertT
Since there seems to be a number of posts downing Staff, I think it only fair to start a thread appreciating Staff (like the good suck-up I am).

In recognition of all the requests resolutions that took multiple inputs from multiple members and all still handled within a timely manner:  Thank-you

For all the animations both asked for and not:  Thank-you

For volunteering your time to deal with fellow Staffers like Shalooooooooooooonsh:  Thank-you

In recognition of all the character applications processed within a reasonable amount of time (some of us more than others, [yes, I'm thinking of you]):  Thank-you

In recognition of using imperfect people to handle multiple clans rather effectively:  Thank-you

For creating RPT events both planned and on the fly:  Thank-you

For taking responsibility for your own actions when they're not exactly the best, regardless of the other half-a-million good things you've done behind the scenes that don't get the appropriate recognition:  Thank-you

I could go on but I'll leave room for others to chime in.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

DesertT, as much as I personally very much appreciate your post, I would also appreciate it if you removed line number four.

It's a bit of a cheapshot, and I'd like to keep the post entirely positive, if you understand.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

Quote from: Shalooonsh on February 14, 2023, 02:07:16 PM
DesertT, as much as I personally very much appreciate your post, I would also appreciate it if you removed line number four.

It's a bit of a cheapshot, and I'd like to keep the post entirely positive, if you understand.
It wasn't entirely meant as a cheap shot at one person, but I feel you and have edited it to be more specific so that there is no doubt.

Quote from: DesertT on February 14, 2023, 02:15:13 PM

It wasn't entirely meant as a cheap shot at one person, but I feel you and have edited it to be more specific so that there is no doubt.

I appreciate you, my tootsie-wootsiekins, even though you never love me enough to spell my name right.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

Quote from: Shalooonsh on February 14, 2023, 02:21:42 PM
Quote from: DesertT on February 14, 2023, 02:15:13 PM

I appreciate you, my tootsie-wootsiekins, even though you never love me enough to spell my name right.

How is it that you call yourself -Loon with your immvisible Staff sends?!?

In my relatively short time here, the staff has been helpful to me, and I honestly have no complaints.

I appreciate the transparency that I see on the GDB, and while I'm not active on discord, I know a lot of discussions happen there as well.

I'm an old-school RPer from tabletop days, and I looked at Arm in the past when it was rife with discontent amongst players and staff, and I can say that as mainly an outsider, I don't see that anymore. I see a conscientious effort amongst staff, including the leadership, to ensure the game is constantly improving for players, and the old way of "this is my sandbox" seems to have faded away with this current iteration of staff.

Thank you for that. It makes me feel welcome here.

Armageddon staff is awesome.
They're a bunch of volunteers who sign up to try to keep our train chugging along, knowing exactly what kind of deep poop they are getting themselves into. You are all a bunch of loving masochist, and I love and appreciate you all for it. :D
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on February 15, 2023, 04:20:33 PM
Armageddon staff is awesome.
They're a bunch of volunteers who sign up to try to keep our train chugging along, knowing exactly what kind of deep poop they are getting themselves into. You are all a bunch of loving masochist, and I love and appreciate you all for it. :D
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points