Q&A for New Special App Option - Advanced Start for Byn/Soldier

Started by Halaster, February 12, 2023, 11:34:31 AM

This should be open to half-giants and mul slaves. Except, make it lifesworn-only instead of the 2 RL month restriction.

The majority of HG's and muls should be in these kinds of roles/organizations according to the docs.

If you roll one up and want to leave, storage is your only option. Give Byn/AOD/SL some TEETH.

Quote from: roughneck on March 25, 2023, 05:23:17 PM
This should be open to half-giants and mul slaves. Except, make it lifesworn-only instead of the 2 RL month restriction.

The majority of HG's and muls should be in these kinds of roles/organizations according to the docs.

If you roll one up and want to leave, storage is your only option. Give Byn/AOD/SL some TEETH.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

I think Roughneck is dead on spot with this one. The dedicated rolls have their place and deserve a boost to skills that would be trade off for a lifesworn roll. I feel these PC's should also be shown in-game respect to an 'ideal starting standard' that others would get after 10-15 year service/dedication to the same cause, for RP perks as well.

Quote from: Halaster on February 12, 2023, 11:34:31 AMAsk questions here

I have been considering rolling a new character. Is this still an option? Also I have played in the Byn a long time ago.  I see there is mention of a Life Oath.  How does that work? Used to be after your min service was done you had the option to leave at any time.  Is that no logner the case? Just trying to get a feel for changes.

Quote from: Traines on August 03, 2023, 02:02:01 PM

I have been considering rolling a new character. Is this still an option? Also I have played in the Byn a long time ago.  I see there is mention of a Life Oath.  How does that work? Used to be after your min service was done you had the option to leave at any time.  Is that no logner the case? Just trying to get a feel for changes.

Yes.
The post in the Staff Announcements is here:
https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,58987.0.html
It's still active and even has been extended to some rolecalls.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: Traines on August 03, 2023, 02:02:01 PMI have been considering rolling a new character. Is this still an option? Also I have played in the Byn a long time ago.  I see there is mention of a Life Oath.  How does that work? Used to be after your min service was done you had the option to leave at any time.  Is that no logner the case? Just trying to get a feel for changes.

I don't think the Byn can or even would enforce a life oath on everyone. It's more of the idea that after 2+ IG years, your character's identity will be in and of the Byn. Your character may not be able to relate to clans less focused on combat: you might even get permanent stripes inked into your skin. None of that is a life oath, but if you were dismissed you might find it very hard to WANT any other faction job.

Quote from: Traines on August 03, 2023, 02:02:01 PM

Also I have played in the Byn a long time ago.  I see there is mention of a Life Oath.  How does that work?

Byn Troopers and Sergeants are not life sworn.

The Byn have life swearing once you hit lieutenant. Or at least, that's what was told to me when I was going for it a while back.

The Towers likely do NOT have lifeswearing, as far as I know because:

1: HG are dumb and easily kept in place with the right regimens. But they couldn't comprehend giving their whole life. It's like trying to explain a life insurance contract to a 4 year old. He'de understand like 3 words of it.

2: All the Muls are legally owned slaves (except for a very few exceptions)
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: Fredd on August 04, 2023, 08:21:16 AMThe Byn have life swearing once you hit lieutenant. Or at least, that's what was told to me when I was going for it a while back.

The Towers likely do NOT have lifeswearing, as far as I know because:

1: HG are dumb and easily kept in place with the right regimens. But they couldn't comprehend giving their whole life. It's like trying to explain a life insurance contract to a 4 year old. He'de understand like 3 words of it.

2: All the Muls are legally owned slaves (except for a very few exceptions)

Okay that makes more sense to what I remembered from way back.  Thanks