Bodies - Can they use some offshoot of the ravaged code?

Started by Pariah, December 19, 2022, 08:54:16 AM

Right now if Amos the grebber/stonecrafter/jeweler whatever goes out and gets killed by a scrab or spider.  Their body just decays eventually and all that's left is their gear.  Which some critters pick up and carry around and then you can play, track the critter if you want to see if the body is still there or not, but it most of the times has decayed and just left a swath of gear.

Would it be possible to make bodies -not- just decay into nothing but change form similiar to the ravaged ones?  I know some critters will eat bodies and ravages them, but other times they just kill and fuck off somewhere else to rinse and repeat, so it'd be nice if the bodies stayed behind at least to paint a picture of what happened.

I know folks have probably been asking for this forever, but seeing as we have something like ravaged corpses that is a thing, figured it probalby wouldn't be out the question to change that code slightly to allow bodies to leave more of an impact then the however many minutes they chill and vanish.  If someone dies at night and then the next person doesn't come out till morning, chance are they are already decayed to nothing.

Maybe this is morbid of me, but I love dragging bodies in and adding them to the pile, I might need to talk to my therapist about this... lol
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Some spiders actually use code to devour the bodies completely. Vultures and raptors afaik too.

Also pc corpse decay takes several days at least they upped the timer in the last year or two.

I don't have a problem with the topic just saying.

Please remove PC corpse decay from the game, or at least, add some kind of dessication-but-not-removal of the corpse object as suggested.

It only spurs on more RP to leave bodies. Easiest change ever.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

Quote from: LindseyBalboa on December 20, 2022, 03:02:26 PM
Please remove PC corpse decay from the game, or at least, add some kind of dessication-but-not-removal of the corpse object as suggested.

It only spurs on more RP to leave bodies. Easiest change ever.
Agreed on this point too.  Nothing will sorta revitalize you when you're riding around to happen upon a body, either happy or sad.

Sometimes you're like, Oh fuck, there is Runner Amos, I liked that one.

Other times you're like, Hah, fuck that guy, glad he's gone.

But if you extrapolate on that issue and say I find a body out there.  I can bring it back, notify the militia, or the byn or whomever and that creates RP as they report it up to Sergeants and Templars and all that.

I would say that I used to think of the game as very limiting even with all my outdoorsy guys, but once you play a clan like the Byn or Arm you really find out how limiting it can be if they are playing a rule abiding guy/girl.

So to find any reason to engage them has to be a breath of fresh air honestly.  They spend hours in game just wandering around a small ass city, so giving them bodies to deal with, creating stinking festering corpses lying about, I can't see anything but good shit that could come from it.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"