Tips on Forming Connections?

Started by geminferno, November 20, 2022, 08:38:20 PM

I just try to create a believable character and then do what I think that character would do.  As I am doing my own thing, generally job focused I eventually make many connections that want what I have.  I make friends with some of them and business partners with some.  And sure there is always that guy in the bar that doesn't want to talk to you.  Screw that guy.  Maybe kill them later if you get the chance or just ignore them. 

Start a plot, others will want to get involved in it.  You have to be careful depending on what you're doing. 

Have a goal and try to achieve that goal.   Others will want to get involved in that goal.  They may want to stop you or help you. 

If you want a social life for example, your goal might be to make a crafter and join a merchant house or become an aide for a noble or Templar.  Find out who hires for the place you want to work for and arrange a meeting with them.

If you want to be a soldier, join the AOD, the garrison, whatever Tuluk's militia is called, or even the BYN.

If you want to be an independent, figure out the safest way to gather stuff that is desirable to players, shop keepers and GMHs.  They won't get out of your head..ever.  If you stay alive long enough to be successful you can hire people and then get murdered by someone that is jealous.

Goodluck.

Become a real person, that has real needs, wants, dreams and desires and the interaction will come.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

November 23, 2022, 03:02:51 AM #26 Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 03:16:05 AM by In Dreams
Quote from: Miradus on November 22, 2022, 11:43:40 AM
Been a little bit on a hiatus but I've noticed the lack-of-interaction trend as well over the past year.

(...)

But (and this is just a hunch) it seems now that there's a lot of groups which are primarily Discord-focused and if you're not in the friend's list you're going to be flat out excluded.

This hasn't been my experience at all. If anything, I would say it has been the absolute far opposite. Stepping into the game with an absolute nobody, I've found tons of meaningful interaction and I'm in contact with literally no one that plays Armageddon.

That's not to discredit your experience either! Maybe you're seeing things differently than I am. But I'm having a wonderful time and in a totally organic way, so I would encourage you not to project your experience (and maybe your fears of OOC collusion) onto the entire game.

Quote from: In Dreams on November 23, 2022, 03:02:51 AM
Quote from: Miradus on November 22, 2022, 11:43:40 AM
Been a little bit on a hiatus but I've noticed the lack-of-interaction trend as well over the past year.

(...)

But (and this is just a hunch) it seems now that there's a lot of groups which are primarily Discord-focused and if you're not in the friend's list you're going to be flat out excluded.

This hasn't been my experience at all. If anything, I would say it has been the absolute far opposite. Stepping into the game with an absolute nobody, I've found tons of meaningful interaction and I'm in contact with literally no one that plays Armageddon.

That's not to discredit your experience either! Maybe you're seeing things differently than I am. But I'm having a wonderful time and in a totally organic way, so I would encourage you not to project your experience (and maybe your fears of OOC collusion) onto the entire game.

These are the things that concern me the most, however. Two players having such wildly different experiences. What is the variance? Is it expectations? Playtime? Location? What is it that causes one player to seemingly have limitless interaction, and another struggle to find a single person to RP with.

The answer is mudsex.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on November 23, 2022, 11:54:15 AM
These are the things that concern me the most, however. Two players having such wildly different experiences. What is the variance? Is it expectations? Playtime? Location? What is it that causes one player to seemingly have limitless interaction, and another struggle to find a single person to RP with.

The answer is mudsex.

I'm sitting here reading this like you're going to drop some knowledge to fix this issue and then you say Mudsex, you are an idiot and I mean that in the best way haha.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"