A small peak behind the scenes.

Started by Krath, October 15, 2022, 11:54:03 AM

October 15, 2022, 11:54:03 AM Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 02:37:12 PM by Brokkr
Hey, figured I would start a thread.

Brokkr, are full guild magickers ONLY available for [redacted.  Really?!?!  This is quite OBVIOUSLY IC information not in public documenation.] pcs?

Will full guild magickers be an available option during character generation?
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

It is something you pursue IC.

Using information you gain, IC.

With some IC logic on why it is possible IC.

Sorry if that seems snarky, but I am not overly sympathetic to folks ruining IC discovery for others through their postings on the GDB.

Quote from: Brokkr on October 15, 2022, 02:49:55 PM

Sorry if that seems snarky, but I am not overly sympathetic to folks ruining IC discovery for others through their postings on the GDB.
'

Is this information possible to FOIC without staff interaction?

This is something highly discouraging to all but the most veteranest of players. Locking a new shiny that people are meant to be excited about behind the ability to spend two karma on a magicker is offensive.

That's weird I don't feel offended at all, and I'm definitely no veteran. I'm so excited at the prospect of full-guild magickers coming back to the game, even though I haven't even gotten the chance to play a TOUCHED character yet and have never seen the previous iteration of full-guild elementalists.

But, they're magickers. They're karma-locked subguilds to BEGIN with, why would that change now all of a sudden just because the potential for unlocking full-guilds is back into the game?
My brain is constantly filled with the sound of elevator music, as the Gods intended.

October 16, 2022, 08:20:26 AM #5 Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 08:35:05 AM by Inks
I'm fine with it. People (not all but a significant enough wedge of playerbase) have been asking for it a while. Let's see  how this plays out.

Are these blessed characters both keeping their maxed mundane skills and getting full spell tree at the same time? when old magick classes were demanded, I thought it was with the old system of having none to little mundane abilities. I believe game doesnt need demigod PCs

October 16, 2022, 08:56:26 AM #7 Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 08:59:04 AM by Inks
Oh hah yeah would hope they have to replace main class and pick a mundane sub of choice...surely that's it though...right?

Quote from: downer on October 16, 2022, 03:26:51 AM
Quote from: Brokkr on October 15, 2022, 02:49:55 PM

'

Is this information possible to FOIC without staff interaction?

Yes.
Halaster — Today at 10:29 AM
I hate to say this
[10:29 AM]
I'll be quoted
[10:29 AM]
but Hestia is right

So you make a character with the current set up and then in game you change their guild?  I am confused.  Do full elementals also pick a guild?

October 16, 2022, 10:26:30 AM #10 Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 10:30:05 AM by Fenneko
It takes many IC years to achieve the mastery of magick and it also takes an effort to gain yet even more power from those whose own ability with magick, and source thereof, is much greater than what one starts with as an elementalist.

So much so I completely lost patience for it and stored before achieving anything even though in an IC fashion, I was told I was close to it.

(To be fair to myself, I stored after I was unable to find the specific party I would have gained such power from for several weeks. I didn't want to invest that much time again to have such potential another time.)

Yes, their main guild elementalist REPLACES their mundane main guild.  We're not giving full-guild elementalist lists to subguilds :)
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Quote from: Halaster on October 16, 2022, 10:28:57 AM
Yes, their main guild elementalist REPLACES their mundane main guild.  We're not giving full-guild elementalist lists to subguilds :)
I am totally confused here. You guys keep saying find out IC. Wouldn't it be OOC to replace the experience of years to be gone with a flick?
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

You think:
"No! Please leave me be whoever you are."

You sense a foreign presence withdraw from your mind.

Sacrificing memories or experience for power is not an uncommon meme in some fantasy genres.

October 17, 2022, 12:44:27 PM #14 Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 12:46:18 PM by Brokkr
Quote from: eska on October 17, 2022, 07:23:35 AM
Quote from: Halaster on October 16, 2022, 10:28:57 AM
I am totally confused here. You guys keep saying find out IC. Wouldn't it be OOC to replace the experience of years to be gone with a flick?

You can also find this out IC.  From other player characters.

Let me be very, very clear.  The answers to these questions are meant to be figured out IG, not here.

I was going to have all the information gained IG, but a) it didn't spread as much as I hoped and b) I realized folks not playing the game but potentially interested would have no path to the knowledge that full guild was possible.

Spoiler alert..

Even Galadriel lost all her slashing weapon skill for a few light spells. It is okay.  8)

Quote from: Brokkr on October 17, 2022, 12:44:27 PM
I was going to have all the information gained IG, but a) it didn't spread as much as I hoped and b) I realized folks not playing the game but potentially interested would have no path to the knowledge that full guild was possible.

Much appreciated that you went with this approach.  But to tell you the truth, I kind of wish you hadn't, because then I wouldn't have the urge to come back and play though...I've got too much other stuff going on in my life right now for this kind of temptation.  :)

Quote from: najdorf on October 17, 2022, 01:22:45 PM
Spoiler alert..

Even Galadriel lost all her slashing weapon skill for a few light spells. It is okay.  8)

LOL
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

You think:
"No! Please leave me be whoever you are."

You sense a foreign presence withdraw from your mind.

Where's the goodly look behind the scenes? Why's it a small peek? And even when you scrutinize this small peek, it amounts to nothing. Why is nothing happening in this game? Why is it allowed to remain such a boring ordeal? Make something happen. A sneak-peek behind the scenes is not what people want. They want things that matter to them and their characters, not the monthly installment of flavor text.

Quote from: wizturbo on October 17, 2022, 01:47:39 PM
Quote from: Brokkr on October 17, 2022, 12:44:27 PM

Much appreciated that you went with this approach.  But to tell you the truth, I kind of wish you hadn't, because then I wouldn't have the urge to come back and play though...I've got too much other stuff going on in my life right now for this kind of temptation.  :)

lol, that's the point!
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Quote from: Greve on October 17, 2022, 05:37:38 PM
Where's the goodly look behind the scenes? Why's it a small peek? And even when you scrutinize this small peek, it amounts to nothing. Why is nothing happening in this game? Why is it allowed to remain such a boring ordeal? Make something happen. A sneak-peek behind the scenes is not what people want. They want things that matter to them and their characters, not the monthly installment of flavor text.

Bruh.  It's not that deep.

They did a thing.  They're doing things.  They're listening to feedback and slowly reopening things.  It's a WIP.

October 17, 2022, 05:56:20 PM #21 Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 05:58:59 PM by Barsook
QuoteClan-specific subguilds are now a thing.  Two have been added to the game, although there's no characters (yet) playing them.  This means that if your tribe has a WidgetMaker, we could make a subguild named WidgetMaker and give it a custom skilltree.  We're going to use this a bit sparingly, but letting y'all know this is "a thing" now (technically this was sort of a thing already, but we're expanding it beyond the one use-case it had before.

Niiiiiice. I hope it helps some of the leaders and those who want to play in clan-specific roles.

Question: Would that apply for nobility and Templars? Even though I still don't really get what useful skills they would need. Expect Dasari nobles.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Bebop on October 17, 2022, 05:48:33 PM
Quote from: Greve on October 17, 2022, 05:37:38 PM

Bruh.  It's not that deep.

They did a thing.  They're doing things.  They're listening to feedback and slowly reopening things.  It's a WIP.

Agree with Bebop. Change, both superficial and cultural, take time.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.