Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

Quote from: Is Friday on October 30, 2010, 10:58:02 AM
My PC killed a Salarri while naked... with a giant hammer.

A man hammer, if you will.
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

Quote from: smcdonald on October 29, 2010, 04:13:01 PM
I stared in Arm maybe a year and a half ago.  I knew Arm was harsh, complicated, and heavy-roleplaying.  So I started with no expectations.  For my first character, I made a Rinthi burglar, figuring I would learn the ropes, get used to the RP style, practice the commands, and probably die young.

He lasted 26 game days playing time, nearly 4 months RL.  Made a number of connections, got pretty skilled.

One day he's walking through the Rinth.  Suddenly, my computer froze.  I had to reboot.  When I logged back in two minutes later: Mantis head.

Never just walk.

Quote from: solera on October 31, 2010, 12:53:12 PM
Never just walk.

l
T-Junction [E, S, W]
   Two ill-maintained streets -- if one can call them even that -- come
together here in a crude junction.  The high buildings of reddish stone are
chipped and cracking, but still serve to shield you from the biting sun and
sand of the outside desert.  The stench of death fills the air, making you
wonder just how poor one must be to live here.  You feel penned in, despite
the fact that the junction is quite wide. 
   Alleyways snake off to the west, east and south into near-darkness.

s
You frolic south.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Someone just reminded me of a scene that happened on my Salarri Agent. She was consistently drunk all the time. And not just drunk, but druuunnk. At one point she was gathering up her outfit to go to the bar but got distracted and ended up walking to the Sanctuary naked, carrying her clothes.

She sat next to a Lyksaen and Kassigarh and held a conversation with them for about 10 RL minutes before someone (I think it was the bartender,) pointed out that my Salarri was naked with her clothes sitting in her lap.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on October 31, 2010, 03:03:11 PM
Someone just reminded me of a scene that happened on my Salarri Agent. She was consistently drunk all the time. And not just drunk, but druuunnk. At one point she was gathering up her outfit to go to the bar but got distracted and ended up walking to the Sanctuary naked, carrying her clothes.

She sat next to a Lyksaen and Kassigarh and held a conversation with them for about 10 RL minutes before someone (I think it was the bartender,) pointed out that my Salarri was naked with her clothes sitting in her lap.
An in-game Kesha.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I remember your salarri thats my only brag.
At your table, the bulky, olive-skinned woman says in sirihish, bluntly:
         "You sound like you're about to orgasm or bein' tickled to death when you talk. Just.. be calm. Breathe."

Haha. I remember her.

She insisted everyone had to be drunk before they could spar.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

I've gotten a solid 8-10 hours of sleep a night and gotten more done ever since I quit playing.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on October 31, 2010, 09:02:34 PM
I've gotten a solid 8-10 hours of sleep a night and gotten more done ever since I was banned for griefing.

FTFY

I've done some pretty silly stuff and never been banned, so I shudder to think what it would actually take to be banned.

Although...I have had the misfortune of playing with Delerak, so I think I've got a vague idea.  :P

p.s. I'll grant that it's possible that Delerak is reformed or something now, and is an awesome roleplayer, just in case he's moved along and got himself a new account and GDB persona.  If so:  congrats.

Quote from: Synthesis on October 31, 2010, 09:07:49 PM
p.s. I'll grant that it's possible that Delerak is reformed or something now, and is an awesome roleplayer, just in case he's moved along and got himself a new account and GDB persona.  If so:  congrats.

After trying to rat out Arm to WOTC because he was developing a competing MUD, it's pretty safe to assume that bridge is thoroughly burned.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Quote from: Ender on November 01, 2010, 09:24:26 AM
p.s. I'll grant that it's possible that Delerak is reformed or something now, and is an awesome roleplayer, just in case he's moved along and got himself a new account and GDB persona.  If so:  congrats.

After trying to rat out Arm to WOTC because he was developing a competing MUD, it's pretty safe to assume that bridge is thoroughly burned.

*shrug*

I'm willing to let bygones be bygones, if a person cleans up his act.  I sorta regret bringing it up in the first place, now....Lord knows there are plenty of things from my past I'd hate to have held over my head forever.  Let him without negative account notes cast the first stone, I suppose.

Quote from: Synthesis on November 01, 2010, 04:15:38 PM

*shrug*

I'm willing to let bygones be bygones, if a person cleans up his act.  I sorta regret bringing it up in the first place, now....Lord knows there are plenty of things from my past I'd hate to have held over my head forever.  Let him without negative account notes cast the first stone, I suppose.

I meant it the other way, more like he purposefully has chosen to distance himself from the game.  I'm sure if he wanted to come back he probably could, I just think his actions have indicated a desire not to.  I could easily be wrong on the subject though.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Quote from: Ender on November 01, 2010, 06:27:10 PM
Quote from: Synthesis on November 01, 2010, 04:15:38 PM
p.s. I'll grant that it's possible that Delerak is reformed or something now, and is an awesome roleplayer, just in case he's moved along and got himself a new account and GDB persona.  If so:  congrats.

*shrug*

I'm willing to let bygones be bygones, if a person cleans up his act.  I sorta regret bringing it up in the first place, now....Lord knows there are plenty of things from my past I'd hate to have held over my head forever.  Let him without negative account notes cast the first stone, I suppose.

I meant it the other way, more like he purposefully has chosen to distance himself from the game.  I'm sure if he wanted to come back he probably could, I just think his actions have indicated a desire not to.  I could easily be wrong on the subject though.

I believe he's still playing.... Said he thinks he remembers playing with me in a clan somewhere not too terribly long ago in a PM on TMS.

Though I haven't played  with any horrible uber-twinks who were fully branched within three days played with 500000000 coins in their nenyuk account....

So if he is indeed playing again, and he did indeed play with me in recent memory, I'd have to say he's cleaned his act up.

But I digress....

LET'S GET BACK ON TOPIC!

;D

I feel like a member of a club of people who have done something I can't talk about.

Wat no commas.

:D
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

I have had the misfortune of playing with Delerak, so I think I've got a vague idea.  :P

I have played with Delerak. While it is safe to say that he was a real twink, it's also safe to say that he could RP (outwardly) just fine when he wanted to. Delerak has never suffered from an inability to roleplay - he suffered from an inability to not have his skills maxed out.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on November 02, 2010, 12:52:43 AM
I have had the misfortune of playing with Delerak, so I think I've got a vague idea.  :P

I have played with Delerak. While it is safe to say that he was a real twink, it's also safe to say that he could RP (outwardly) just fine when he wanted to. Delerak has never suffered from an inability to roleplay - he suffered from an inability to not have his skills maxed out.

He also suffered from not being able to steal every goddamn idea I ever made the mistake of sharing with him IG.  Not a single fucking creative thought anywhere in that worthless husk of a subhuman.

I'm still fucking pissed that he took the name RunningMountain after hearing that my PC had called another PC that.

Fuck you, Delerak.  Die in a goddamn fire.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

And it was My PC that was called that, so I was annoyed as well.

Ah, the joy of a HG ruk...snicker.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

And, strangely, my HG Elkrosian was also called that, by a DE, once.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

I am now curious, what's the worst thing that Delarak has done?

Survive the abortion?
Doesn't matter, it's a bragging thread.

I once played a Kadian who convinced everyone in Kadius a certain hunter spent his down time in the garden with Catamites.
Told everyone he was from the mountains of red storm east, and generally lied about everything. Somehow he became first hunter heh.
Who would you kill for a klondike bar?

..I killed multiple Delerak incarnations with my first Soh as I was trying to get the tribe started years ago.

He kept coming in, picking fights with the tribe and losing fatally with various PC's.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Quote from: LauraMars on October 29, 2010, 12:54:15 AM
I once played a gypsy teenager for a period of just a few weeks.  My stats were horrible, but during my brief time in the Tan Muark I was constantly penniless, destroyed at least three tables (one by dancing on it), was arrested thrice, banished twice, and made one death defying solo journey through the desert by erdlu, fleeing from gith and raptors the entire way before staggering to safety with something like 30 hp. 

I'm not sure but I think I might have also exasperated some people.

I actually did exactly the same thing, except I destroyed children and was never arrested.