Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

Quote from: lordcooper on August 21, 2010, 04:53:06 PM
Byn vs Salarr vs the Arm anybody?

Civil unrest ftw!

Throw Tor in there and i will bring the popcorn
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Yeah. That's what I should do. Make a war  somehow...

I'm going to go find some copper, tell the north, and sell it in the south, then get popcorn.

Quote from: Reiloth on August 20, 2010, 10:12:42 PM
Quote from: Riev on August 19, 2010, 11:10:20 PM
Quote from: Reiloth on August 19, 2010, 10:42:09 PM
Had a character that was born in the Warrens, became a Sergeant in the Militia, became a Hlum Noble, and then a Surif.

I always wondered, due to things that I had read.... were you a special app into the Sergeant position? Or did you go through recruitment and all that jazz?

It was a sponsored role for Sergeant.

EDIT: I'll add that he also learned how to read and write in Sirihish.

I was like your sugar daddy, and then you were like my sugar daddy, and so on. But I should have kept my day job.

One of my spell ideas was implemented!  :-)

Quote from: Ender on August 20, 2010, 10:10:11 AM
I honestly still thought it was funny that someone at that party got marked for death by the south for wearing a replica templar outfit, and I got away clean with wearing an outfit that was acquired through the deaths of over half a dozen southern nobles and templars.

Then you gave it all back.

Also, I didn't get pwnt during that war. Or the next. *grin*
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Bogre on August 22, 2010, 01:22:12 AM
I honestly still thought it was funny that someone at that party got marked for death by the south for wearing a replica templar outfit, and I got away clean with wearing an outfit that was acquired through the deaths of over half a dozen southern nobles and templars.

Then you gave it all back.

Also, I didn't get pwnt during that war. Or the next. *grin*

Yea, the look on Samos' face was priceless.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

QuoteMost Prolific App Reviewers
Anaiah       9

Rathustra       4

My app-fu is strong.
NOFUN:
Random Armageddon.thoughts: fuck dwarves, fuck magickers, fuck f-me's, fuck city elves and nerf everything I don't use
Maxid:
My position is unassailable.
Gunnerblaster:
My breeds discriminate against other breeds.

That's how hardcore I am.

Had a character that was born in the Warrens, became a Sergeant in the Militia, became a Hlum Noble, and then a Surif.
And I believe, perhaps mistakenly, that my pc was the love of that pcs life.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on August 24, 2010, 05:31:57 PM
And I believe, perhaps mistakenly, that my pc was the love of that pcs life.

Oddly I don't know that he -liked- her very much.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Because I never heard about it.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

You still would have gotten away clean, most likely, but various dynamics would probably have changed.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: Malken on August 20, 2010, 11:44:55 PM
Those were the best Tuluk years evah. Won't happen again. Totally isn't happening right now, from what I heard, either. lulz.

I loved my Chaska  something something something something Jul Tavan :'(

He was a hoot. ;D

Quote from: Malken on August 20, 2010, 11:44:55 PMThose were the best Tuluk years evah. Won't happen again. Totally isn't happening right now, from what I heard, either. lulz.
I know people that will disagree and others that would be insulted by this statement.  Good job.  Those people won Tuluk, huh?  Good for them.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I had a Byn deserter who fell off the Shield Wall and got lost in the Tablelands without a mount. The most exciting part was when I had a squad of gith chasing me around, who I only managed to escape by flailing off a chasm but scrambling for purchase on the first try successfully (with a warrior/linguist wearing heavy armor and no experience at all climbing).

Eventually with the help of some elves he managed to get to Luir's where he joined Kurac and lived happily ever after (read: I ended up storing him because I got too busy to play him and it seemed a good stopping point for his story; I really wish I could have kept him up!).

I remember the day NPCs first began to give chase.

Dead PCs everywhere on the North Road, and more dying trying to get to the bodies.
Lunch makes me happy.

I once had a character that was of the land, though he spent a lot of time grebbing salt. He was a northy, and as it turns out was grebbing oneday when someone comes and banishes him. Ending up on a mountain top, somewhere, and nowhere. All his food and water were in his pack, on his mount, which was not banished with him. So he wanders around this maze of a mountain top sheer drops at every turn, then there a bush, with fruit, this bush would produce five to seven piece of fruit, and knowing fruit offered both food and relief from thirst was extatic. Lived a Rl week lost on the mountain top not trusting the climb stayed in the area, hoping his friends he was waying could figure out hwere he was. Until, he got thirsty, and was full, so he couldn't codedly eat any more fruit to stay his thirst. Feeling faint, and desperat he goes for the climb, was doing well, till he passed out while climbing. Funny the fall didn't kill him, persay, but the beasty on the cliff that ate his knocked out person.

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on August 31, 2010, 01:35:05 PM
I once had a character that was of the land, though he spent a lot of time grebbing salt. He was a northy, and as it turns out was grebbing oneday when someone comes and banishes him. Ending up on a mountain top, somewhere, and nowhere. All his food and water were in his pack, on his mount, which was not banished with him. So he wanders around this maze of a mountain top sheer drops at every turn, then there a bush, with fruit, this bush would produce five to seven piece of fruit, and knowing fruit offered both food and relief from thirst was extatic. Lived a Rl week lost on the mountain top not trusting the climb stayed in the area, hoping his friends he was waying could figure out hwere he was. Until, he got thirsty, and was full, so he couldn't codedly eat any more fruit to stay his thirst. Feeling faint, and desperat he goes for the climb, was doing well, till he passed out while climbing. Funny the fall didn't kill him, persay, but the beasty on the cliff that ate his knocked out person.

nom nom nom tasty elf
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

You know, you can keep using 'taste' to take bites of food even when you're stuffed.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Since the changes to dehydration speed in the desert, though...this is unlikely to keep your thirst meter in the black.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on September 01, 2010, 02:49:39 PM
You know, you can keep using 'taste' to take bites of food even when you're stuffed.

Ha, I do now, I did not then.. *jokes on me*

I once had a dwarf who achieved his focus when the Plainsman floated down from on high and handed him a silver ring of his very own.

He then promptly ate something poisoned with terradin and died. Horribly. But, still! Focus achieved!
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

What was his focus?
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

Owning a metallic object of his very own. He was a Rukkian, one of the Plainsman's groupies. The Plainsman figured out his focus (my character wasn't exactly subtle about it... metal was all he talked about). I assume he was trying to win my dwarf's loyalty by basically handing him his achieved focus. It probably would've worked, too, if my character hadn't promptly fucked off and died.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."