Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

Cutthroat gets a cookie.

Dar gets a backstab.

Oooh. Harsh.

I once had a character sneak up on a gortok and tickle its genitals.
I was feeling -really- OOC.
That same day me and some friends were talking about Captain Beefheart and how his music was like a tiger tickling your balls. The gortok attacked me soon after.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

I had a human, mundane (ranger) character who was in awe of the White Rantarri. She ended up under his personal protection in the Tablelands; the elves there were under instruction not to harrass her when she came through - she was on his "A" list of visitors. Same character was also buddies with Venom the Freakazoid Elf. He used to give her oranges to eat..and she would tease him about how she only wanted him for his orange balls. He, in turn, would make fun of her being a human and never being able to revel in the awesomeness that is the desert elf. She was finally killed by being moved from point A to point B in a scary way, by a -different- elf that peed on her just before he finished her off. She was unconscious when that happened - I only saw the emote, and then BEEP.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Reiloth on March 18, 2010, 08:13:20 PM
Quote from: jhunter on March 18, 2010, 04:39:51 PM
The first pc I had that encountered Plainsman at an earlier time his life, I nearly killed him but the bastard escaped. A pissed off d-elf ranger with a bow can be a very powerful thing. We played cat and mouse off and on for quite a while, with him and his goons all trying to take me out and me trying to pick him off every chance I got.  8) A year or so later, with a different pc who also encountered Plainsman, I had very nearly escaped execution by him for some slight, when I fell to my death. Then a third pc, ended up facing off with him and it ended with neither one of us dying and him escaping again.

*shakes his fist*

I had a PC that hung out with the Plainsman. We were bros.

I had a PC that chatted with him periodically over almost three years. ;)
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Sadly, all my epic brags will be available soon enough in the 'logs' section.

That being said, Undertuluk was awesome.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

Quote from: Xagon on March 23, 2010, 07:11:20 PM

Yes.  I still deeply miss one character from there.  The only death I've seen in the game that made me feel bad in real life.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Do we get to hear about it?
-Kuh

5 shots of tequila and 3 beers within 25-30 minutes before logging in.

Whatever I do tonight, if I live, is worth bragging about.

Drunk arming is hard...Weed though, is a WHOLE different story. I don't know if I play this game sober.
Free your hate.

Quote from: Nile on March 26, 2010, 10:55:49 PM
Drunk arming is hard...Weed though, is a WHOLE different story. I don't know if I play this game sober.

Every time I log in drunk, I fall asleep at the keyboard and die. You'd think i'd learn my lesson.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Let's see if i can do this without spilling IC info...

I made it through a few emotes and passed out, after having safely quit the game.

I guess what I can brag about is not a single syntax error... at least not that I can recall.

It makes it better, it really does.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on March 27, 2010, 11:24:29 AM

In what way? I'm curious. Doesn't it depend on the type?

Aheh. No. The high from MJ that affects perception is pretty much Universal across all strains. Some will have more potency then others, make you more lethargic, make you happy, contemplative, anythig really. But I've found that the part of MJ that makes me enjoy everythign more, and have that feeling of "That makes SO much sense" is something that almost any strand can get you.

As to how it makes Arming better? Same way it makes a lot of thigns better. Things make more sense(even if they really don't) and you tend to see connection that you wouldn't  have otherwise, I generally feel a deeper connection with the characters(I get this same affect when watching a good movie while high), I can literally see the actions of my character better, like a sort of imagination booster. I'm usually just way more immersed. I tend not to play the game for any reason but roleplay when I'm high, where usually I have a pretty achiever oriented mindset...

I'm starting to sound like a stoner now... great, thanks.

If my PC is jovial and nice, I am usually stoned.

Quote from: spicemustflow on March 27, 2010, 11:46:56 AM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on March 27, 2010, 11:24:29 AM

In what way? I'm curious. Doesn't it depend on the type?

Basically (as said above) it lets me immerse myself in the game better. I can solo RP for hours if I have enough weed and nothing else to do.
Free your hate.

Grah! Only a few more months and I'll be able to add a page to this thread.

Quote from: Thunkkin on March 23, 2010, 07:14:26 PM
Quote from: Xagon on March 23, 2010, 07:11:20 PM

Yes.  I still deeply miss one character from there.  The only death I've seen in the game that made me feel bad in real life.
My best and favoritest character ever was an Undertuluki.
It was good being a grubbie while it lasted.  :(

March 29, 2010, 08:28:19 PM #1343 Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 08:49:03 PM by Shalooonsh
This has been at least a year, so I can post! My first magicker pc had [REDACTED - New player's won't know about this, whether it's been a year or not.  -Shal] . Under varying circumstances. Once was due to some bug. I thought my pc was going to die until I realized where I was and wished up to be saved.

Never travel without a compass!
There is no happy ending on Armageddon.

March 29, 2010, 08:48:24 PM #1344 Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 08:54:05 PM by Thunkkin
I cited a peer-reviewed article in a humanities journal in one of my biography entries.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

While in a certain place in the 'rinth I believe...Or maybe the backroom of a tavern, I realised there was suddenly a new exit in the room leading to a huge, lava-filled cavern with chairs all around it and a big pool in the middle (I think, memories are very hazy), then a trapdoor leading to an immortal's room. It was a very wtf moment for my character, then an imm stepped in with a 'whoops, how'd you get in here'?

Still was awesome.
Free your hate.

I have a good friend who had his Avatar on the GDB's picture stolen by the highlord Tektolnes himself.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

with tiernan's awesome new code implementation, i have a skill that's leveled up to "orgasmic". that's right, fuckerz, or-fucking-gasmic.
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

Quote from: i can haz mantis on April 01, 2010, 02:15:36 PM
with tiernan's awesome new code implementation, i have a skill that's leveled up to "orgasmic". that's right, fuckerz, or-fucking-gasmic.

I hate to break it to you, but there's no correlation between the descriptor and your character's actual skill level.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on April 01, 2010, 02:31:03 PM
Quote from: i can haz mantis on April 01, 2010, 02:15:36 PM

I hate to break it to you, but there's no correlation between the descriptor and your character's actual skill level.

Wat.

damn. damn... you just killed my spice high, synthesis
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.