Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

Quote from: Whiran Luck on September 26, 2009, 04:19:41 PM
I once had a Bynner who went on a desert trek with her unit and they got lost. When the water supplies ran out, thanks to a shifty elf, they cut open a half-breed who valiantly committed suicide by Byn squad and drank his blood.

Best and worst wilderness foray ever.

Ah, yes.  I remember that one.  I can't remember if my character was a Trooper, or made Trooper after that little fiasco.  Eventually became Sargent Drien.  My character never, ever, ever mentioned what happened out there.

What happens in the Red, stay in the Red.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Lol, you'd like to think so but it just doesn't really work that way.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: razorback on October 04, 2009, 11:18:28 PM
I went with a bunch of my Kuraci pals, and some Kadians I think? *correct me if I'm wrong* To go face down a bahamet. That was fun. Especially when it decided to pick on my poor character and try to eat me alive. I think it was the first time my PC got some real sympathy for wounds from my companions.  ;D I still have that log lying around somewhere.

Was that the bahamet D-D-D-D-D-DOUBLE KILL for Rokov's Grey Hunt entry? Man, that was a blast. There were at least Kuraci and Salarri there, not sure about Kadians. I'm missing that log for some reason.

Protip to anyone who wants to hunt bahamets: don't take a long time to emote skinning the corpse when you're still that close to the spawn point.  :-X
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I'm so proud of one of my old chars. Teks Tower is now officially Tower Topple by anyone in the north.... Or really anyone that's not in Nak.

Oh, yeah, totally all me..... I think. Anyone else wanna claim it?
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: tortall on October 08, 2009, 08:25:11 PM
I'm so proud of one of my old chars. Teks Tower is now officially Tower Topple by anyone in the north.... Or really anyone that's not in Nak.

I'd like to..but I can't honestly do so, either.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

October 10, 2009, 03:42:32 AM #955 Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 03:57:27 AM by number13
Quote from: Whiran Luck on September 26, 2009, 04:19:41 PM
I once had a Bynner who went on a desert trek with her unit and they got lost. When the water supplies ran out, thanks to a shifty elf, they cut open a half-breed who valiantly committed suicide by Byn squad and drank his blood.
\Best and worst wilderness foray ever.

I was the half-elf in question. If I recall correctly, my severely dehydrated breed (very close to death anyway) attacked his Sarge out of desperation/rage.  It was heavily implied on the gdb in the aftermath that his body was cannibalized.  Fun day, and I hope that elf ended dead too.

When in Tuluk I still call it Teks tower, but whoever makes it collapse first is the winner, not the loser.

October 11, 2009, 08:30:17 AM #957 Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 12:36:58 AM by Mr_Fire
 :o  Wooooooooww, It took a long time to read through thirty nine pages of bragging and so on, really cool thread though. :-\

I have done alot of things that I could go on about, but erm...One thing I think some people might like is:

I was playing a half-elf rinthi I believe, don't member much else, anyways, I killed off a few PC's and ended up getting caught by a Templar at some point....Got taken to jail, he found some gems on me from the dead PC's, asked how many I'd killed, then he pulled out his uber sword...I said something about the people I killed and called him Lord Fecker before he raised his sword up and slashed my head clean off..I thought it was awsome.  :D
Mr_Fire-
~Let others screw light bulbs in water faucets. Who cares?~

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on October 10, 2009, 07:46:41 PM

When in Tuluk I still call it Teks tower, but whoever makes it collapse first is the winner, not the loser.

I have never heard anyone call it Tower Topple whether in Tuluk or simply outside of Allanak.
A man without a sense of humor is a dick without balls. Things just don't work right.

Quote from: LittleOwl on October 11, 2009, 02:26:14 PM

I have never heard anyone call it Tower Topple whether in Tuluk or simply outside of Allanak.

The only time I heard it called Teks Tower was in Nak once, and when the bag was given to my northern PC. She changed it right away. Not playing ANYTHING with THAT name in it. Filthy southrons. ;-)
The man asks you:
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: number13 on October 10, 2009, 03:42:32 AM
Fun day, and I hope that elf ended dead too.

Yes, he did.  And then Taven, the ex-Kuraci merc turned Bynner with the blond beard, saved our collective asses and got whipped for disobeying orders...
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: Morrolan on October 29, 2009, 06:54:44 PM
Quote from: number13 on October 10, 2009, 03:42:32 AM
Fun day, and I hope that elf ended dead too.

Yes, he did.  And then Taven, the ex-Kuraci merc turned Bynner with the blond beard, saved our collective asses and got whipped for disobeying orders...

O.o
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

I'd still call it Tek's tower, and whoever make it collapse first the looser, because they weren't subtle enough to disassemble it brick-by-brick, and failed in their plan.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Muk would praise anyone who could, in fell swoop, take down Teks tower. No matter how unsubtle it was.

Then he would likely kill them, for being strong enough to threaten the Mighty Muk.

Moral of the story: Don't play Teks Tower in Tuluk.

I was the first person to post in this thread. Go look at the first page:

Quote from: tortall on November 23, 2003, 11:34:31 PM
I once started a food fight with a Byn NPC in the Gaj because they were teasing me. The fruit landed on the floor infront of them. It later hit their back, but it was SO funny.

Once my clan imm decided to visit me as a golden kank icly, and my char would talk to this golden kank. Everyone thought she was crazy. I LOVED it. I wish I could do it again. That was my favorite char, and my most favorite imm EVER!!!

One of my chars was given a sandwhich, and since I rped she had never seen one, she called it meatbread. It was a total HG moment. :-D

-Tortall, who thinks the funny moments on Arm are the best.
The man asks you:
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: tortall on October 12, 2009, 01:32:03 PM
The only time I heard it called Teks Tower was in Nak once, and when the bag was given to my northern PC. She changed it right away. Not playing ANYTHING with THAT name in it. Filthy southrons. ;-)

We ain't filthy!  We's got soap vendors!  ;D
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Quote from: Aaron Goulet on October 30, 2009, 09:20:12 PM
Quote from: tortall on October 12, 2009, 01:32:03 PM

We ain't filthy!  We's got soap vendors magickal fucking cleaning solution bitches!  ;D
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Yeah. Globbuluk is probably really pissed that your calling his city filthy.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

He is probably northern trying to clean it up.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

The nervy, spindle-stick recruit says, in sirihish:
         "Krath I'm real sorry sarge, but that fecker Gobblydrip uses -sand- tah do the cleanin'. Strange, cleanin' dirt with dirt, but it works..."

clean me

You dust yourself off.

QuoteWhen hired on, do staff agree to a "permanent consent"? Whenever I perform actions, mosttimes gory in nature, I always imagine some staffer hanging above, out of eyesight.

It's likely been answered before, but what is the case if a sneaky is in the room, safely hidden, while actions requiring consent are undertaken? What if said person does not express anything?

I once had a character KO an NPC Gith Woman. Drag her out, and OOC a permission for graphic content that involves torture and possibly rape. And the KOd NPC woman responded that she didnt consent :). It was funny and freaky at the same time.

Quote from: Dar on November 04, 2009, 09:19:33 PM
QuoteWhen hired on, do staff agree to a "permanent consent"? Whenever I perform actions, mosttimes gory in nature, I always imagine some staffer hanging above, out of eyesight.

It's likely been answered before, but what is the case if a sneaky is in the room, safely hidden, while actions requiring consent are undertaken? What if said person does not express anything?

I once had a character KO an NPC Gith Woman. Drag her out, and OOC a permission for graphic content that involves torture and possibly rape. And the KOd NPC woman responded that she didnt consent :). It was funny and freaky at the same time.

Eh, just kill them first ... ...corpse objects don't require consent  :o
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on November 04, 2009, 09:49:18 PM
Quote from: Dar on November 04, 2009, 09:19:33 PM

Eh, just kill them first ... ...corpse objects don't require consent  :o
Achievement Unlocked:
Made babies with a gith???
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.