Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

"Ready to spar, Gage?"
"I'm Gage Gritshaw."

"You okay there, Gage? You got bit pretty hard."
"I'm Gage Gritshaw."

Gage Gritshaw is Gage Gritshaw.

Gage was the shit!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote02/12/07 - Hired Gage Gritshaw (the hulking, rip-scarred man). Paid 150, owes me 1 year of being a Trooper unless he pays the full amount back. Kinda stingy, but meh. Seems cool.

Quote from: jstorrie on July 09, 2009, 06:06:59 PM
...he disappeared the next day, apparently dead to monsters or whatever.

That's just what he wanted everyone to think.  Srsly.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Gage Gritshaw taught my second PC how to pick up a certain militia woman. He also cheated at cards.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

I talked Gorobei into coming back to Armageddon today.

Gage Gritshaw is like the Chuck Norris of Zalanthas?

July 09, 2009, 08:49:28 PM #832 Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 08:51:39 PM by Is Friday
Quote from: Tarx on July 09, 2009, 02:15:19 PM
Forgot more fun stuff with this character than I ever did with other characters.  Good times.
- Enslaved a woman banished by Lieutenant Paryl and Sergeant Laila after the Gith War for the reason of pissing Addlestone off--that woman had happened to get a merchant of Addlestone's killed. For one reason or another he didn't particularly seem to care, though.

That was a pretty awesome character of mine, but only because of the impact that these characters had--to include Ehrick and others. I was still learning a lot at that point, only being 4-5 months into Arm.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Archbaron on July 09, 2009, 01:01:47 PM
I was in Kadius when they went to save an old friend

Is that what they told you?

Teehee.

Myself and someone else finished off that RPT. By blowing up the kryl hive.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

July 10, 2009, 04:08:33 AM #834 Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 04:11:29 AM by palomar
Quote from: Archbaron on July 09, 2009, 01:01:47 PM
I was in Kadius when they went to save an old friend

I was somewhere around Luirs, on the edge of the desert, when the spice began to take hold...

Spiced up and hunting raptors in the Red, my Seik stumbled into what would become an "old friend" to him and later House Kadius. It was one of my first truly awesome and touching experiences on Armageddon. My PC died too soon, like most hunter types do, and I still miss him sometimes. Fun times in Kadius and among the tribals, back then.

Oh, and since it's the bragging thread: I won the Luirsfest Archery contest and the hunting contest with that character. Didn't stand a chance in the fighting contest against those crazy Bynners...

Quote from: Fathi on July 10, 2009, 03:18:04 AM
Myself and someone else finished off that RPT. By blowing up the kryl hive.

the fathi-like, fathilicious person says to you, in very angry sihirish, "STOP GOING BACK IN TO LOOT KRYL BODIES WE'RE TRYING TO BLOW THE PLACE UP YOU JERKS"

I spent the entirety of that RPT on three activites:

40%: >backstab kryl
55%: >get body
5%: >emote waves his hands frantically at ~special.friend.of.kadius, acting like a total idiot.

Also: when we were fighting our way into that kryl hive, we started taking periodic acid damage because so many of the bodies were piling up. So I started grabbing the bodies and chucking them outside. Genius? The immortal who gave my PC severe acid burns didn't think so!

Also also: pissing off the Kadian mul ALL TRIP LONG

Quote from: Whiran Luck on July 09, 2009, 08:46:25 PM
Gage Gritshaw is like the Chuck Norris of Zalanthas?

Had Chuck Norris played Rambo--wearing only a codpiece/loincloth, boots, and a sandcloth cloak--then yes.

Heh, I remember all the Kadian silt-horror hunts for the special dish someone mentioned earlier around the Gage era.
I also remember seeing a silt horror getting "ineptly hacked to pieces" on on of the afore mentioned hunts.

I was playing the something, albino dwarf under Sharlo... probably the best times I'd ever had in Armageddon before my current PC.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

July 10, 2009, 05:31:26 AM #838 Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 11:12:57 AM by Pale Horse
I have a character who's managed to out live most of these names that keep popping up....

...it's thrilling and kind of depressing at the same time.  Great people to know, but they all wind up dead, dead, dead, and the long line of names and events kinda blurs together after a bit.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Yeah, the longer a character lives, the more depressing it gets when your dwindling list of friends becomes almost non existent and all of a sudden you find yourself hanging out with a totally different group of people.

It's like life... everyone passes through your life, changing it for better or for worse, except hopefully your RL friends aren't dieing of at the same relative rate as your PC's friends.

No wonder Zalanthans are so damn jaded.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I know how you feel, Pale Horse. The line just keeps going and going ... I don't even bother to learn names nowadays until I've seen people more than ten times. They nearly invariably died, retire, disappear, etc, etc, etc...
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on July 10, 2009, 11:06:20 AM
I know how you feel, Pale Horse. The line just keeps going and going ... I don't even bother to learn names nowadays until [a RL month has past].
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on July 10, 2009, 11:06:20 AM
I know how you feel, Pale Horse. The line just keeps going and going ... I don't even bother to learn names nowadays until I've seen people more than ten times. They nearly invariably died, retire, disappear, etc, etc, etc...

You're still on the same one. Sheesh.

I went through a list of names I jotted down that my PC would remember (they're important, or met with them a few times, or whatever). I put *DEAD* next to people my PC doesn't see for a while, or if my PC sees them die or hears that they died.

100 instances of *DEAD*, lol

Going for 200.

Outlived 25+ templars serving the AoD with one character, including 3 reds and 1 black.

The number of mundane pc's that I saw and then died was in the hundreds, I imagine.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

No wonder long-lived PCs all have that sense of..Ennui?  Weariness, jaded, whatever you want to call it.  They've "seen it all" and it's becoming just a bit on the boring side.  Drov is a familiar face, often over for dinner or a lively conversation in a bar.
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Pale Horse on July 13, 2009, 11:51:17 PM
No wonder long-lived PCs all have that sense of..Ennui?  Weariness, jaded, whatever you want to call it.  They've "seen it all" and it's becoming just a bit on the boring side.  Drov is a familiar face, often over for dinner or a lively conversation in a bar.

And even aside from that, there's the coded side of the character, too. What do you do when you've maxed all your skills, amassed all the things you need to keep your character / your clan truckin' for a long time to come, allied yourself up with everybody you care to, killed most of your enemies, banged the girl of your dreams, and attained the highest rank a PC can in your clan?

It's often difficult OOCly to keep coming up with challenges your character would realistically try to face, considering that I'd think many Zalanthans would choose to step down from dangerous public life after they've attained all they need to live out the rest of their days in relative comfort.

Quote from: Fathi on July 14, 2009, 01:11:27 AM

And even aside from that, there's the coded side of the character, too. What do you do when you've maxed all your skills, amassed all the things you need to keep your character / your clan truckin' for a long time to come, allied yourself up with everybody you care to, killed most of your enemies, banged the girl of your dreams, and attained the highest rank a PC can in your clan?

It's often difficult OOCly to keep coming up with challenges your character would realistically try to face, considering that I'd think many Zalanthans would choose to step down from dangerous public life after they've attained all they need to live out the rest of their days in relative comfort.

When all this happens..it's time to either store, or keep the character around in hopes that things liven back up (hanging around to instruct newbie characters, provide the benefit of your maxxed out self to your clan/fellows, stir up trouble, develop some vices, etc).

Then again, if you're in a sensitive enough position, and been nice enough to the Staff, supplying them with their regular doses of brainz and kudos and regular character updates, they might let you store your character to play a brief role someplace else that has nothing to do with your previous one, then unstore once said character bites the dust.

Quote from: Pale Horse on July 14, 2009, 01:37:49 AM
Quote from: Fathi on July 14, 2009, 01:11:27 AM

When all this happens..it's time to either store, or keep the character around in hopes that things liven back up (hanging around to instruct newbie characters, provide the benefit of your maxxed out self to your clan/fellows, stir up trouble, develop some vices, etc).

Or orchestrate an elaborate meltdown and see how many people you can drag down in flames with you.  :-X

Quote from: Fathi on July 14, 2009, 01:39:50 AM
Or orchestrate an elaborate meltdown and see how many people you can drag down in flames with you.  :-X

Yeah baby, yeah.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.