Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

Quote from: BuNutzCola on November 20, 2008, 05:43:28 PM
I lost a hand to a Silt Horror.

In Luir's.

Nice.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Hey, so you did.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

And then Only He Stands There and I tamed it. And I carried it around for a while after it shelled up like a gurth.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I was sleeping in a none flag area, and only got robbed, get to live to talk about it.
Quote from: AJM
Only noobs quote themselves.

I injested cleaning fluid, in the Oashi barracks.

Upon realizing I was poisoned, I ran to the Vivudian Temple.

At around 10 hp left, an Imm jumped into the NPC stationed at its entrance.

At this point, I had emoted vomitting blood and all sorts of disgusting shit all over her robes.

She replies to this with:

"Quite a situation we have here...Are you Council?"

I responded:

"I AM DYING!"

>You feel something inside your body snap as you dry heave.
>Welcome to Armageddon!
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on November 24, 2008, 07:30:26 PM
I injested cleaning fluid, in the Oashi barracks.

Upon realizing I was poisoned, I ran to the Vivudian Temple.

At around 10 hp left, an Imm jumped into the NPC stationed at its entrance.

At this point, I had emoted vomitting blood and all sorts of disgusting shit all over her robes.

She replies to this with:

"Quite a situation we have here...Are you Council?"

I responded:

"I AM DYING!"

>You feel something inside your body snap as you dry heave.
>Welcome to Armageddon!

The same thing happened to me too. I ate something I shouldn't in a Tuluki tavern and start puking. An imm animated templar (I think) walks up to me and tells me to get out of the tavern, and puke outside. Once I get out the templar asks me something to the effect of "what have you gotten yourself into?", I respond with a gagging grunt and then die.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Me and my byn corporal captured a gurth and stuffed it in the sergeant's locker in the storeroom. The gurth was just supposed to scare him when he opened the locker but the gurth was a free spirit and broke the locker trying to sneak out. Mister gurth did not know that Stockroom Automul never sleeps. The sergeant went into the storeroom the next day to find his crap everywhere with gurth bits.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

edit: nevermind too drunk
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Speaking of drunk, I was Kuraci sergeant once upon a time who drank 17 shots of firebreather before passing out cold.
Who would you kill for a klondike bar?

Quote from: Dan on November 17, 2008, 12:51:41 PM
With one D-elf I had liked to collect various city folks insignia and flaunt it as an accomplishment that I had either traded for it, killed for it, or just managed to get my hands on the stuff.

The stuff included:
Byn sergeant sleeves,
Borsail silver ring,
Salarri epaulette,
AoD cloak,
Guild item (sekrit),
Tan Muark knives,
A handful of apartment keys back when there were -way- fewer apartments,
Some templar's personal diary,
and some other stuff I cannot remember. It was fun making plans to collect the stuff, and he treated it sort of like the native americans 'counted coo' (sp?). A sign of accomplishment for him.

Itches?

I was killed by a carru, just as I got onto the north road from Allanak.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: The Archbishop on November 25, 2008, 11:46:34 PM
Speaking of drunk, I was Kuraci sergeant once upon a time who drank 17 shots of firebreather before passing out cold.
One of my first characters was a tailor who went to this merchant party and downed this whole freaking cistern of ginka wine before passing out piss-drunk. They took his boots.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

I fell all the way from the top of a MOUNTAIN to the bottom..... and LIVED!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on December 28, 2008, 03:55:53 AM
I fell all the way from the top of a MOUNTAIN to the bottom..... and LIVED!

Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

December 28, 2008, 04:10:50 AM #589 Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 04:12:26 AM by FantasyWriter
Quote from: FantasyWriter on December 28, 2008, 03:55:53 AM
I fell all the way from the top of a MOUNTAIN to the bottom [with a completely mundane/not-magickally-affected PC]..... and LIVED!

Thanks for helping me clarify, Synthesis. :D
Grebber - One who grebs.

It's a feather?

I always thought it was some of stylized manta ray.

Quote from: Yam on December 28, 2008, 06:58:23 AM
It's a feather?

I always thought it was some of stylized manta ray.
I know you're joking.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I had an hour long conversation with a barkeep animation, offpeak after I just randomly struck up a conversation with him--not expecting to be responded to. Learned a lot of neat facts and IC history from it.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Yam never makes jokes
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Nyr beat me to death with a massive burning dildo in the shape of a cigarette.
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.
the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh sends:
     "dude, how'd you know I was hungry and horny?"

I have finally had cool stuff happen to me at <too IC>. It was bitchin. The aftermath, however, did not rock so much.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on December 31, 2008, 12:11:17 AM
I have finally had cool stuff happen to me at <too IC>. It was bitchin. The aftermath, however, did not rock so much.

Hangovers rarely are.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: jcljules on December 28, 2008, 09:40:20 PM
I had an hour long conversation with a barkeep animation, offpeak after I just randomly struck up a conversation with him--not expecting to be responded to. Learned a lot of neat facts and IC history from it.
This is why everyone should talk to strangers.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Bumping this.

My brag:

I'm the second post in the thread, which was started in 2003. WOOT! Old skool baby! ;-)
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

My first character never died. She lived more than an IC year and got to be very well known, to the point where she accidentally exiled another PC in pretty much the entire north. I'm still OOCly sorry because I know it wasn't a fun time being exiled for the other player. Sorry other player.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.