Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

Quote from: Akaramu on March 31, 2008, 01:42:53 PM
I want to brag here, but staff would spank me.

Can I watch? [/derail]
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

I had a 1 day old dwarven assassin successfully shadow a Borsail Noble back to their estate and into their warehouse. Watched him excuse everyone, and lock himself and the aid in the warehouse. Watched them strip down and start mudsexxing. Picked up the key to the warehouse and then proceeded to murder them both. Blamed the whole thing on an elf. Escaped Templar custody role-played a stumbling getaway before hiding successfully. Escaped to the 'rinth, was granted refuge with Tor, and wasfinally tricked into confessing while blinded to the same Templar before being thrown into the arena, placed into a guillotine and having my head chopped off. Most exciting 1 day old Assassin ever.

I played a Rukkian elf that had a pet rock which he'd stroke and talk to at the Barrel since he didn't have any friends.

I played an older blue-robed Templar who liked to take people to the prison to suck their blood.

I played a disgusting rinthi half-giant that avenged the death of his Kuraci Half-Giant friend by murdering an entire tribe of desert elves(who Kurac framed for the death of the giant), went on a hunting mission with a group of Byn only to be attacked by them as they apparently had a bounty, survived the attack and returned to slaughter the unit of Byn. Eventually tricked by a Northern Templar into a locked room where I was attacked by 13 NPC half-giant soldiers.

Quote from: manonfire on March 31, 2008, 01:19:48 PM
I had a character involuntarily fuck a severed breed head.

You left out the best part!

--

I managed to play a single character who found their way into unfinished/old/closed/inaccessible areas of the game map not once, not twice, but three times... and couldn't get out. And I had this knack for always doing it in the wee hours of the morning when the chances of a benevolent staff rescue were slim to none.

I once encountered an interesting bug that, upon typing 'enter (safe clan area)' would transport the character in question into a room of highly aggressive muls.

I once sifted 62 grains of spice from a single deposit before it blew away. Over the course of like an hour.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Fathi on March 31, 2008, 06:35:18 PM
I once sifted 62 grains of spice from a single deposit before it blew away. Over the course of like an hour.

I actually have you beat. I once sifted (I counted afterwards) 247 pieces (because some of them are pinches) over the course of several hours, coming back, going inside to rest, having a drink, etc.

At about 5am
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: Tisiphone on March 31, 2008, 06:51:35 PM

I actually have you beat. I once sifted (I counted afterwards) 247 pieces (because some of them are pinches) over the course of several hours, coming back, going inside to rest, having a drink, etc.

At about 5am

Yeah! Mine was early in the morning, too. I was a little dumbfounded. And my character was just like, "My god, does this never end!?" and finally scrambled back in the gates after clearing the thing, just in time for dark.

It was surreal.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I hate you both, I never get more than 2 from it.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

March 31, 2008, 07:22:34 PM #356 Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 07:24:09 PM by Salt Merchant
Quote from: Tisiphone on March 31, 2008, 06:51:35 PM

At about 5am

Then waited the next twenty reboots to sell it all?

Hard to believe too, since I've never seen a deposit last more than a few minutes before blowing away on its own.
Lunch makes me happy.

Weird, I've only sifted once, ever....i presumed they just lasted for ever, never dissappeared...and I'm off peak too.
Carpe Diem - Fish of the day

I'm playing Arm on my laptop on a sunbed at the side of a pool in a 5 star resort in India.

This is sweet.

Does that count?

IC bragging will have to wait a year or so too. *sniff*
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I have Armed from a starbucks in Hawaii, before I moved here to TN.

IC: I have junked metal, TWICE.
<Morgenes> Dunno if it's ever been advertised, but we use Runequest as a lot of our inspiration, and that will be continued in Arm 2
<H&H> I can't take that seriously.
<Morgenes> sorry HnH, can't take what seriously?
<H&H>Oh, I read Runescape. Nevermin

What in god's name would ever provoke you to do that? Other than having items duped and being an honest player of course...

I've played Arm from 3 different continents.  Does this count?

April 01, 2008, 07:26:53 AM #362 Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 07:39:05 AM by Boggis
Quote from: Sephiroto on April 01, 2008, 06:35:57 AM
I've played Arm from 3 different continents.  Does this count?

4 for me. Just have to go to Africa sometime now.

Edit: To further braggify it up... played Arm on 4 different continents all with the same character.
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

I hear the DRC is nice this time of year.

Ebolarific.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 01, 2008, 05:55:40 AM
What in god's name would ever provoke you to do that? Other than having items duped and being an honest player of course...

Find out IC.
<Morgenes> Dunno if it's ever been advertised, but we use Runequest as a lot of our inspiration, and that will be continued in Arm 2
<H&H> I can't take that seriously.
<Morgenes> sorry HnH, can't take what seriously?
<H&H>Oh, I read Runescape. Nevermin

April 01, 2008, 10:29:50 AM #365 Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 10:34:40 AM by Mood
I've junked metal. Gold, IIRC.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Sorry like on Page 3 of this but I'm gonna put this in.

I remember joining Khann's J'karr, going to get me some armor in Tuluk.  My char was fairly old and I was an elementalist.  Needless to say I collected many strange things.  And as the fact that I didn't ever wear heavy armor, and almost every piece of clothing I had was a container...I start putting this armor on, and removing my clothing.  Which I have to take everything out of.  Now I had some pretty good strength, and I was always nearly encumbered already.  So I start dumping my things on the ground.  Kalan fruits, probably two dozen.  Gith Skulls, probably two dozen as well.  (I collected weird things) A barrel of water.  Three Water skins.  Knives.  Knives.  Knives.  A few rocks I kept as souveneirs.  A scroll case with scrolls (from back when anyone could write if you put it in your background, they took that away from us, but from a wish I got it so I could at least read the ones I had written)  A small keg of spiced ale.  I had this huge backpack, like the kind you see on cartoons I always imagined with some little old man with his house on his back and sticking out in all directions.  Etc.  It took an in game day and a half to get all my things reorganized and to give away what I couldn't carry anymore to my fellow J'Karr.  I remember Khann and the rest just staring at me like I must be insane.

I remember thinking that if you slept with an Elkrosian you would get sex shocked to death.  A Krathi would melt your parts.  But a Whiran might blow your mind.  That was fun to RP.

I remember being a Whiran and insulting the Templar PC's in 'Nak.  I did this usually every other RL month.  They never did catch me hee hee.

I remember being friends with a guy who was really cool.  (Super long ago) And watching him speak to another mantis.  He knew their language.  I was stunned.  Then later, finding out he was a sorcerer.  But I couldn't bring myself to kill him, I'd been friends with him for years.  I just avoided him from then on.  Pretty wow for me.

I went and raided a tomb with Precenter Kul.  No undead.  I was disappointed.  But I got a rock souveneir.  I like souveneirs.  Had it till I died.

Saw one of my friends, actually my mentor/teacher walk out of the desert buck naked because she lost everything due to a crash or some such.  That was fun.

I remember being attacked by Belgoi with magick bells that put people to sleep.  Scary.  Nearly killed 20 or more of us there if I remember right.

Fell off the shield wall, so many times, I finally had my description changed to show that I was all busted and scarred up.  I don't know how I survived all those falls.  Lost a lot of kanks that way.

Three words.  Giant, Undead, Mekillots.

Hurling Chatchka's at Giant Undead Mekillots.

Being stuck in an alternate dream world with some buddies where we were in Tuluk.  Except EVERYONE else in Tuluk were zombie undead nasty thingies.  Scary.

Being abducted by a certain immortal and being given a stern talking to by them.  When I was still pretty new.  Twice.

Travelling clear across the Salt Flats, to find nothing.

Searching for Steinal, for years.  I won't say anything more about that.

I think that's all I better say, cause some things I think might still be to IC.

At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

Quote from: Shoka Windrunner
I went and raided a tomb with Precenter Kul.  No undead.  I was disappointed.  But I got a rock souveneir.  I like souveneirs.  Had it till I died.

Were you a Jihaen?  Was it the tomb raid that Kul got the Crown?
some of my posts are serious stuff

I once recruited one of Ghost's PCs into a clan, made him my bitch, beat him up, then after I died, that PC of his became scary and killed several of mine, but it was all IC.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Quote from: Krath on April 02, 2008, 12:21:07 PM
I once recruited one of Ghost's PCs into a clan, made him my bitch, beat him up, then after I died, that PC of his became scary and killed several of mine, but it was all IC.

Not to mention I still don't know which ones were Krath's
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: Ghost on April 02, 2008, 12:58:12 PM
Quote from: Krath on April 02, 2008, 12:21:07 PM

Not to mention I still don't know which ones were Krath's

lol, bad account notes

I was once given a reward of 3000 'sid for being an awesome byn lieutenant.
I still had that 3k on my body when I died a couple days later. The sole death. A few seconds after that death, the mud crashed, and everyone logged back in at the gates. They had to do the attack all over, I heard. Except for me. Because I died in the future.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I captured that roc on a whim. Almost by accident. I flew it around for a few weeks before deciding it was more valuable than it was fun.

Plus my regular mount was way scarier and hella cooler.

Dig?

I just got my first kudos! Sounds shitty compared to your tales and adventures, but feels nice...

April 02, 2008, 10:21:52 PM #374 Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 10:24:26 PM by RogueGunslinger
I had one character get seven five kudos in one day. ::)

Edited for accuracy.