Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.

In one year, I'm going to spam this thread with some insane tales of derring-do and other brags. One year... Other than that, I got nothing that comes to mind that isn't still IC-sensitive.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on January 15, 2010, 11:23:57 PM
In one year, I'm going to spam this thread with some insane tales of derring-do and other brags. One year... Other than that, I got nothing that comes to mind that isn't still IC-sensitive.

zoltan totally copied my sdesc
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on January 16, 2010, 02:14:46 AM

Inadvertently!  :-[ Then my brag is that mine got to live on for approximately one half second longer than yours to bask in the sdesc-y glory.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on January 16, 2010, 12:02:21 PM

Inadvertently!  :-[ Then my brag is that mine got to live on for approximately one half second longer than yours to bask in the sdesc-y glory.

that was a pretty epic coincidence, heh
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I've wanted to post in this thread for so long, but I wanted to wait extra time because some things probably continued on long after his storage.

I had one character who did a lot of stuff.

Successively defeated an experienced Jihaen Templar and very experienced Legion Sergeant in single combat without taking any damage.

Fought a slightly wounded Jihaen High Templar to a standstill (granted, he wasn't using a lirapet).

Punched a Lieutenant from the Arm of the Dragon in the face while in front of Samos the Red. (I will never forget a certain character jumping up on the table as soon as the ENTIRE ROOM DREW SWORDS and saying, "Now, now, boys. I'm sure this is just a misunderstanding.")

Stole 50,000 sid from Kurac. ('Stole' being used rather loosely.)

Fell in love with a Chosen, who reciprocated the feeling... the northern Templarate knew about it, and chose to do nothing, because the character was judged far too loyal to the Sun King to ever do anything about it. (Or so they told me.)

Helped plan the infiltration of several houses, both northern and southern, as well as assassination attempts against several nobles and a templar. All the targeted houses were successfully infiltrated, eventually.

Killed a mul in single combat.

Killed three would-be assassins at once for Kurac and the Templarate for attempting an assassination within the city of Tuluk without a license.

He got fleas. In-game, coded fleas. I had no idea that was even possible.

Rose from the lowest caste of society to one of the highest respected individuals in the city.

Was invited to partake in a Templar/Noble-only war council as a representative of his tribe.

Best of all - a lovely Muarki girl once told him her real name.

So much more. Sometimes I look back on that character and wonder how I'll ever match him.

Quote from: helix on January 16, 2010, 01:24:57 PM
I've wanted to post in this thread for so long, but I wanted to wait extra time because some things probably continued on long after his storage.

I had one character who did a lot of stuff.

Successively defeated an experienced Jihaen Templar and very experienced Legion Sergeant in single combat without taking any damage.

Fought a slightly wounded Jihaen High Templar to a standstill (granted, he wasn't using a lirapet).

Punched a Lieutenant from the Arm of the Dragon in the face while in front of Samos the Red. (I will never forget a certain character jumping up on the table as soon as the ENTIRE ROOM DREW SWORDS and saying, "Now, now, boys. I'm sure this is just a misunderstanding.")

Stole 50,000 sid from Kurac. ('Stole' being used rather loosely.)

Fell in love with a Chosen, who reciprocated the feeling... the northern Templarate knew about it, and chose to do nothing, because the character was judged far too loyal to the Sun King to ever do anything about it. (Or so they told me.)

Helped plan the infiltration of several houses, both northern and southern, as well as assassination attempts against several nobles and a templar. All the targeted houses were successfully infiltrated, eventually.

Killed a mul in single combat.

Killed three would-be assassins at once for Kurac and the Templarate for attempting an assassination within the city of Tuluk without a license.

Rose from the lowest caste of society to one of the highest respected individuals in the city.

Was invited to partake in a Templar/Noble-only war council as a representative of his tribe.

Best of all - a lovely Muarki girl once told him her real name.

So much more. Sometimes I look back on that character and wonder how I'll ever match him.

a - You won't.

b - You're back..?
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

One of my characters learned THREE Muarki names. Maybe four. The last one was likely lying.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Ahaha. Those were the good old days. I gave those fleas to like four or five different characters at one point.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Sakra on January 15, 2010, 11:08:25 PM
Quote from: Ourla on January 15, 2010, 06:59:01 PM
Quote from: Nile on January 15, 2010, 05:28:23 PM
I survived Quick. Thats my brag.

Quick was my minion.

I had a char burst into tears once, in front of Quick.
The reason she burst into tears disappeared shortly after.
Quotejmordetsky: so I reckon, before 1750, people were fuckin retarded

QuoteNamino:
I'm not going to spawn 100,000,000 eggs like a black marlin just because Mekillots are a thing 

Quote from: Synthesis on January 16, 2010, 01:12:41 PM
Quote from: Zoltan on January 16, 2010, 12:02:21 PM

that was a pretty epic coincidence, heh

Well.  Now I know who Synthesis played.   ::)

Quote from: Fathi on January 16, 2010, 05:55:34 PM

Ahaha. Those were the good old days. I gave those fleas to like four or five different characters at one point.

My character of that time was so enjoying making money off of the "flea-cure" they were selling.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Alright, who or what was Quick? And this time no vague answers or MS paint drawings.

Quick was a character who gained notoriety, primarily in Allanak (though probably worldwide) for being freaky, spooky, dangerous, nasty, mysterious, disgusting, and ridiculously powerful in all kinds of things. He was -rumored- to have been a variety of things, but I'm guessing most people never really knew exactly what. Including myself. I only heard the rumors :)
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Think of a giant cookie, that's been poisoned, and has a freakin knife, and wants to stab you a lot, and has strange thing growing out of it, and has been given to a kitten that has been fed crack every half hour for the last month, and is alive and freaking out in the corner of your living room.... Waving the cookie of doom.

That's kinda what quick was to the game.

QuoteNamino:
I'm not going to spawn 100,000,000 eggs like a black marlin just because Mekillots are a thing 

Giant cookie! Bwhahahahahahahhaha...

PS: She's right, ya know...
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

The best thing about Quick is I have no idea who played'm.

The best thing about Quick was when he gave birth.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quick didn't kill me -and- he gave me kudos.

lol at the cookie.
Free your hate.

The best thing 'bou' Quic' was y'couldn' unnerstan' a singl' fuckin' thin' 'e 'said mos' th' tim'.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

here's a real brag, I had a char that even quick had to ask what she was saying.

QuoteNamino:

I'm fairly certain that I played the character that was the first PC Quick ever met.  At the least, I played one of the first handful of PCs that Quick hung out with... back when he was about as scary as a tregil.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: satine on January 16, 2010, 10:55:58 PM
here's a real brag, I had a char that even quick had to ask what she was saying.

prove it

~Jack Vance~

I have no idea how to prove that. :( should have gotten a log or something.

Her alphabet for when I was typing consisted of:

abdefhijlmnoprsu

And she had a lisp. It was an adventure. She got told to shut up a lot.

QuoteNamino: