Mundane skill caps +5

Started by Inks, July 10, 2022, 05:50:15 AM

July 10, 2022, 05:50:15 AM Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 05:53:01 AM by Inks
Mundanes should have skillcaps of +5 to all primary class skills, to represent a profession undistracted by the energies that shape the universe flowing through you. It is objectively a cool idea.

Edit to say I am a 2 karma player.

You realize that means they would just lower the skill caps of non-mundane.

Not that I agree at all mind you.

Because the suggestion is no different from saying that a fighter should have -5 to all his combat skills because he took a master craft sub because he is distracted with the things that shape the world, design and making.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

July 10, 2022, 11:16:40 PM #2 Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 11:19:51 PM by Inks
If XD disagrees it means it is a good idea.

Also mastercraft is not the same as forces that shape the universe. Unless a mastercrafted pot is your universe.

I also said raise not lower. You created a completely different thing to argue against.

XD is correct in that the caps for a number of skills have reasons that they are where they are.  We wouldn't just raise the caps across the board.

Sure, but there are plenty that could be raised for mundanes, stealth/backstab/sap/charge not withstanding.

The mundane boost is all those sweet skills in your mundane subguild. ;D

(skinning. it's skinning.)
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.