6 (40%)
Neutral
3 (20%)
Disagree
3 (20%)
Strongly Disagree
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Sort of already a feature specific to certain mobs, but generally not applied to every mobs some animals will attack anything they see including a rider's mount.

Personally I'd like if every mob that was generally aggressive was also potentially aggressive to your mount, even if that would mean the animal might kill, poison, or be absolutely owned by your mount of choice.
Might make mount choice matter a bit more or maybe a bit less depending on location, if your animal was susceptible to dying in the red desert or the vrun.

I think the main reason that is not the case is that gives you a free big baddy partner to tank for you.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I like that a few mobs behave differently in attacking mounts, but I am glad not all do.  The skill and effect code doesnt seem fully fleshed with regars to mounts in combat, including:

I cant put any armor on my mount?
Shouldnt poisons work differently on a massive animal?
Should [redacted] spells work or not work on mounts?
Should an aggressive mount be able to attack a pc?

I also agree with X-D about not using mounts as tanks.
Its the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fiiiiiine.

June 02, 2022, 11:12:17 AM #3 Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 11:15:46 AM by betweenford
truu. In the case of war beetles and inixes they might slap a scrab or something and trivialize those encounters. But in some areas they MIGHT kill your animal. Your beetle might get slapped in turn by a gwoshi giving you a brief window to decide to help or flee.

If it became a general thing I think you discount our evil thoughts way too much.

Mount gets attacked.
Mount is scared and flees.
Mount needs to be re-tamed.

That seems way more reasonable than having your mount tank for you.

Quote from: Brokkr on June 02, 2022, 01:56:55 PM
If it became a general thing I think you discount our evil thoughts way too much.

Mount gets attacked.
Mount is scared and flees.
Mount needs to be re-tamed.

That seems way more reasonable than having your mount tank for you.
good ideas, but probably something that id say is a mount by mount reaction? Like a war beetle might buck you off but stay to fight before getting all moody, while sunbacks and erdlus might go all skittish.... Then throw magick effects in the mix lmao

I think they key here is what you said and then gave examples of something different.

Like, if your ride skill was high enough, your mount, that specific mount, could game some "resistance" to fleeing, which would represent training.  Over time, that specific mount might not flee.  Some mount races might be easier to train than others.

If I am not mistaken, there used to be some sort of poison that only affected kanks. And when poisoned, the rider would lose the control of the kank.
Something like that would be cool. I also think, when a mount is confused, it would be acceptable to throw, bite or kick the rider, without initiating the combat though.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

You think:
"No! Please leave me be whoever you are."

You sense a foreign presence withdraw from your mind.

Some sort of mount liability would be good, though I can't really say how it would be implemented.  I mean...mount and rider becoming one entity as far as attacks hitting?  Mounts being slower when wounded?  Traps for mounted riders?  So on and so forth.

Just another area where we could add all sorts of things if we wanted to dedicate the coder time and effort, which is really the big if.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Halcyon on June 02, 2022, 10:25:05 AM
I like that a few mobs behave differently in attacking mounts, but I am glad not all do.  The skill and effect code doesnt seem fully fleshed with regars to mounts in combat, including:

I cant put any armor on my mount?
Shouldnt poisons work differently on a massive animal?
Should [redacted] spells work or not work on mounts?
Should an aggressive mount be able to attack a pc?

I also agree with X-D about not using mounts as tanks.
because it's not coded
this is already coded
this is already coded
if it has a strong bond of loyalty with a pc it shouldn't and as long as mount loyalty isn't coded they shouldn't