Re: Advertising Committee

Started by Armaddict, May 26, 2022, 12:04:04 AM

Whenever selected, please let the rest of us in the playerbase know of a way to contribute funding for your efforts.  Sometimes budgets can make and break a thing.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

May 26, 2022, 09:00:23 AM #1 Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 09:05:09 AM by Fredd
My question is, what is the goal here?
The announcement says the committee will last probably around a month.... What then?

Is the group just going to raise ad funds, make a bit of copy, and hand it over to a staff at the end of the month?

It could take longer then a month to find an efficient ad campaign. Things like Social Media Accounts are free advertising that need to be kept up longer then a month, among other things.

I'm curious why there was a time limit attached to the project.

Edit:
Personally I think those interested should be allowed to stay on as long as they want to help. And they should be given access to any metrics they ask for to try and hone in what works.

I'm hella interested, but I would like to know more details.

I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

"Part two will come once that's done and will involve anyone who wants to join in.  The advertising material will be made available to everyone in the community to use wherever they choose"
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Quote from: Halaster on May 26, 2022, 09:05:33 AM
"Part two will come once that's done and will involve anyone who wants to join in.  The advertising material will be made available to everyone in the community to use wherever they choose"

Oh! Okay, I see what you are doing now. TY Hal!
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

May 26, 2022, 09:27:03 AM #4 Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 09:35:14 AM by Dresan
Glad this game is finally doing this, if there is one positive thing about having an aging community it is that some of us have done quite well in life over the last few decades. 

I am hoping the commitee makes it easy to contribute funding.

isn't that amazing, I'll do some targeted facebook / instagram campaigns and share results with you once the visual materials are ready