One of those posts.

Started by Spiceoflife, March 06, 2022, 08:28:43 PM

Every day I'd check discord, look for old friends of avenues to unwind. Tonight I finally felt like I don't fit in here anymore so I did want to say goodbye at least.
This community helped me get through some of the most trying days of my life just by giving me a game to sink into and play.

Some of you guys have had a lasting permanent spot in my heart:
Rathustra
Shalooonsh
Fehu
Aruvan
RedKingRhino
Ourla
Rogerthat
AmandaGreathouse
Malikith.. the player of.
Wday

I am finally just going to move on, I haven't been able to log in and give that extra effort I used to try to always give. Some of you probably don't even know who I am, I used Derain for years on arm

Wanted to leave a couple characters I feel were notable:
Xathian - Sgt at the Jade massacre
Sanderic-da Kurac- Kuraci dealer cause a bit of shit.
Aerieciane Oash
Polain the dwarven merchant- owned a warehouse and helped a ton of new blood.
Bartok the Byn Sergeant.

I think those are about the only notable worthwhile mentions I have and I loved playing with most everyone I've encountered one way or another. Feel free to pop in here and say by if anyone give a fuck I'll check this the next day or two.

Regrets-played 12+ years now and never got a chance to play a Templar.

You'll be missed. I know who you are.

Don't feel ashamed to come back if you get the urge. I did.

Quote from: Troicha on March 06, 2022, 08:34:37 PM
You'll be missed. I know who you are.

Don't feel ashamed to come back if you get the urge. I did.

Indeed.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I remember Polain!! I wanted to say thank you! I was super new to Arm at that time and if not for Polain I don't think I would have learned as much as I did comfortably and stuck with the game, so thank you for that! You're awesome and I wish you the best of luck!
The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

Quote from: Shaydee on March 07, 2022, 08:07:35 AM
I remember Polain!! I wanted to say thank you! I was super new to Arm at that time and if not for Polain I don't think I would have learned as much as I did comfortably and stuck with the game, so thank you for that! You're awesome and I wish you the best of luck!

Thanks for the kind words.

I was Sanderic's replacement. That was a fun pile of shit to inherit. LOL.

Have a good life man. And hopefully you come back in a  year or two, ready to mess around some. If not, it was fun :)
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

And I was one of the employees that he back stabbed.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on March 07, 2022, 11:22:59 AM

All depends which funnel of information you were looking at.

Quote from: Spiceoflife on March 06, 2022, 08:28:43 PM
Every day I'd check discord, look for old friends of avenues to unwind. Tonight I finally felt like I don't fit in here...

I feel the same way.  I just haven't said goodbye, yet.
"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

Quote from: slipshod on March 07, 2022, 12:16:39 PM
I feel the same way.  I just haven't said goodbye, yet.

Aww. I'd miss you too.

Quote from: Spiceoflife on March 07, 2022, 12:14:51 PM
Quote from: Barsook on March 07, 2022, 11:22:59 AM

All depends which funnel of information you were looking at.
/eyeroll

I remember when we kept bouncing into one another through clans. Some wild and fun times. I've stepped away from a couple of years before, life is a rollercoaster and the game can be as well.

I hope to run into you again someday, stay in touch, you will be missed.

When I said I was leaving over there a few days ago, poster above me just posted an obnoxious gif of aggressively smashing with a banhammer... So I know how you feel.

It's better to not get OOC involved with people, it actually drives people away when they find out some people keep in contact with players between their characters, best thing you can do is actually to not be part of the problem, and then there's (mostly) less ways to feel bad about OOC stuff too
"A time of ash shall mark the rise of the cities. Days of old shall be new once more."
"The paths diversify, bright strands bring victory, the wrong steps defeat."

Always had a blast with you Derain! I'm in kind of the same situation, I've effectively stopped playing as of last year and just check in on the GDB and discord once in a while.

Maybe we'll both end up back at some point, but I'm enjoying playing games with (largely) ex-armers and hanging with the wife more instead.

Much love. You were a joy to play with. I hope you return eventually but, if not, luck in all you do.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

I will always remember Sanderic as a terrifying villain.  Dude was brutal and I made sure to bring him up whenever I could. He shaped the way other characters behaved even after death and that's the best you can hope for.

Good luck dude, hope you find the creative outlet you need and consider Arm when it can feel fresh and exciting again.

Breaks are healthy. Stepping away indefinitely with no idea of returning is what I would recommend -- You can always come back, but there's no good that comes out of putting a time limit on it or saying "When X happens I'll come back". I'd just put it from your mind, and focus on other things in your life.

If the urge comes up to play again, if it's in a few months, or a few years, don't feel weird about coming back. I did and made a completely new account, new GDB handle, and just started fresh. It was probably the best decision I made.

Now that I've 'Been Back' for a few years, the same old OOC creep is Creeping up on me. The same old 'I know you played X Y Z' when I join clan forums and Discord and whatever. So definitely just disconnect, start fresh, play the game, don't play the GDB or the Request Tool or the Discord.

Who knows how long the game will be around? Maybe a long while longer, maybe not. Keep in touch with the people you want to, and don't keep in touch with the people you don't. I've made some of my better friends through the community, and there's more than 'The Game' with ArmageddonMUD.

Best of luck in all your endeavors.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Thanks for the kind words, I've made some of my very best friends in my time here on Arm.

Potaje, Rogerthat, a couple others I've met and hung out with a few times.