I think Armageddon is at its best when...

Started by HalfGiantWithAShotgun, November 17, 2003, 10:46:31 PM

Personally, the one thing that has always drawn me into Armageddon are the plots. And I don't mean the world-wide RPTs or any of that junk. Personally, I think the real essence of Armageddon are all the little plots, the every day business transactions, the acquaintances, the dislikes and best buddies everyone has. Little, personal plots like "Hey, if you bring me the materials, I can make you whatever tools you might need," or "What do you say to a drinking contest, buddy? Hey, Amos, you want in on it to?" or even just "If I see your ass in my favorite barstool again, skinny, I'll cut those razor-ears right from you skull."

Everyone time you meet some one, every time you gain an enemy or a friend or a mark or an employee, it all just builds and builds into the wonderful experience that is Arm.

What about you? What blows your skirt up about Armageddon?

*KABOOM!*
Nilazi cantrip:
You get a brief image of a pasty-white twenty-something hunched over a plastic tray and staring into a shining box as @ begins his incantation.

QuoteWhat about you? What blows your skirt up about Armageddon?

Krathians.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

It's whirans, nimrod.

I'll agree with the poorly done half-giant with a shotgun guy on everything else.

No, nimrette... your concept of 'blow' is just clearly different than mine.

:shock:  :twisted:  :lol:
-Reiloth

Yeah and your idea of a skirt's different too, homefry.

(He calls it a kilt - don't let it fool ya.)

Yeah, he calls it a kilt, but it's made of crushed velvet in a patchwork pattern...very unkiltlike, if you ask me.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I don't mean to derail but, where is all this involved RP going on? I've waited for hours on end in the Gaj, in the Trader's Inn, or at the gates of the Byn compound waiting for something to happen, alternatively I've wandered the streets looking for potential RP situations, but I never see anyone. WHO tells me there's anywhere from 50-80 people on, but the only people I run into in the GAJ are the NPCs. Is this just bad luck on my part? And if not, can anyone subtly point me in the right direction or tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I've just had one fun moment, and I'm still having it.  How did it start?  I sat in the tavern, and contacted a friend of mine, over the way.  Sure, I was alone.  But...I contacted this person, and made them a bet.

And now, 1 pc is dead because of it.  Bwahahahah.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Perhaps if you found the third tavern in allanak?

You're a bastard, mansa.  You're a complete, rat bastard.  And I love you.

Malifaxis
-Who has no idea what Mansa did, but just knows that he's canadian, and therefore needs to be insulted.
-Reiloth

The Gaj has been a little thin these past few months.  It seems the Bards Barrel is where it is happening.  Just wander east from Gaj and take your first south.  Just keep going south done commoners way until you run into the Bard's Barrel tavern.  It is extremely rare that it is ever empty.  The Gaj is still a fine place to find people, it is just a little thinner and the crowd a little sketchier.

Quote from: "Rindan"The Gaj has been a little thin these past few months.  It seems the Bards Barrel is where it is happening.  Just wander east from Gaj and take your first south.  Just keep going south done commoners way until you run into the Bard's Barrel tavern.  It is extremely rare that it is ever empty.  The Gaj is still a fine place to find people, it is just a little thinner and the crowd a little sketchier.

Thanks.

'nother noob here:

I didn't really see much serious rping till my PC joined the Byn.    I'd suggest finding a organization in game and having your character join up.

RP is everywhere. That said, it will not always come and bite you in the ass. Find the Byn, join. Find a hunter, join. Find a barstool and park your ass on it. Find an aide and fuck her. Go find Stenial. Go see a tembo. Go run from a Mek.

Find your RP.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: "The7DeadlyVenomz". Find an aide and fuck her.

Or him. Or a bynner and fuck her...or him.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: "The7DeadlyVenomz"Find an aide and fuck her.

Pardone moi?

Actually, to expand...

Find a flower and give it to someone. Learn what the 'Shield Wall' looks like from the foot of it. Buy new boots. Lose all your sid and figure out how to survive on nothing, without begging or hunting. Betray someone, and then figure out how to stay alive. Find a river. Find a certian grass. Learn how to cook (heh). Shave your head. Get tattooes, and make sure that they mean something to you. Be a boot-cleaner. Be scared. Be assinine. Be mean. Be evil. Be three folks in one body, but be subtle. Be insane. Don't be heroic. Fart. Embarass yourself in front of someone important.

Find your RP. It is everywhere.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870