Make agility reduce combat command delay

Started by MeTekillot, November 30, 2021, 06:22:59 PM

Currently, strength is king in combat.

Yes, high agility is good for defense and attack rate, but the benefits of high strength and high agility are leagues apart when the combatants are close in proficiency.

So I propose that the higher levels of agility dramatically reduce delay from combat commands such as bash, disarm, and kick. Right now their average delay is around 10 seconds. With high enough agility, I propose this delay be halved and even possibly quartered, once you approach spice abuse or magick levels of dexterity.

Reduce agility bonus to stealth to compensate.

Quote from: cali on November 30, 2021, 06:34:01 PM
Reduce agility bonus to stealth to compensate.

That would be awful though, if you don't have great agility, you just suck at stealth. No in betweens.

I hope you roundear pieces of shit did a good job paving this road, because I am never letting you see anything but brick again.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

I don't know the exact numbers but you could almost half the elven agility bonus to stealth and still probably not catch them with master scan.

Prioritise wisdom, scrubbo

This is assuming not shit wisdom as well but thanks

You're not even wrong, but also sneakies have no other edge. It is what it is and the alternative is not something I'd appreciate.

Sneakies, which I almost exclusively play, also have stealth gear as valuable option.
There is no 'scan gear'.

I just realized I never addressed the OP statement.

I like the idea. It means backstab doesn't immediately put you into the fucking death spiral.
I could see an issue of people abusing this with flee to spam certain commands but I think the idea of 'change never players bad' is a poor excuse for not implementing what i see as a good idea.

Strength is highly overrated in the way most people think about it. High strength benefits more because of encumbrance breakpoints rather than doing damage. It's a little boost when you're a fresher toon but generally that boost isn't very useful compared to the long term benefit of being able to carry more shit before hitting various encumbrance breakpoint penalties.

I would say leave it as is.
the current system is awesome with great tradeoffs, if you change anything in it, there is a big change things might collapse.