Append cloaks below ldescs

Started by MeTekillot, November 17, 2021, 08:46:56 PM

Especially if someone is wearing clan insignia cloaks, but I think it'd work in general.

Like so

The tall, muscular man  standing here.
- he is wearing a black, hooded militia dustcloak.
The froufrou, femme fatale is standing here.
- she is wearing a red silk wyvern cloak.

Give people a brief cloak option if they prefer the current method of looking at every person in a room to see who is affiliated with who.

But. Why not just look at them? It comes at a cost and a

"why you lookin at me".

I mean, you are looking at them to see who they are.

I kinda hate the 'DONT LOOK AT ME' meta we got, I don't think you'd need to give someone a solid glare to notice their cloak.

Quote from: Gentleboy on November 17, 2021, 08:57:31 PM
But. Why not just look at them? It comes at a cost and a

Not sure about the cost beyond the 30-40 lines of spam that's wholly unnecessary when you should by all rights be able to suss how many people in a crowd are affiliated with who, without needing to know the details of each anklechain, wristguard, tattooed fingers, and voluptuous statuesque hourglass waist among them.

Highlight the <about body> line in your mud client.

I also highly recommend highlighting the primary hand, secondary hand, and both hands lines.

Quote from: Greve on November 17, 2021, 10:26:27 PM
Quote from: Jihelu on November 17, 2021, 09:04:20 PM
I kinda hate the 'DONT LOOK AT ME' meta we got

Do we?

I'm still mad about the time two years ago that a noble called my supervisor to complain that I "looked right at him" and didn't bow. :D
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Do we?
I've seen it happen myself several times IG so if we don't, I just happen to come across it. Several times.

Nah.

I like things the way they are, Too much spam already on one side of the game and too much info given up already on the other.

Bad enough you can see somebodies eye color in a candle lit room through a crowd of people from another room. But now you want that and the cloak too?

How long before people think that well, The helm should show up, I mean it is on top of somebodies head after all. And so on and so forth.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Things are, imo already bad enough with people knowing intimate details about someone wearing a heavy cloak and mask and a helmet, and in a sandstorm, because they glanced at them.
So I don't think we need to give people the ability to look at sdescs like that :)
But I'm also someone for Ldesc hiding items, so maybe I'm biased. (Within limits, I do have a few ideas which I might idea about later)
Try to be the gem in each other's shit.

Do we?

Sorta, but it was worse when look wasn't a hemote. And yes, it was silly back then too.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Not all insignia is represented by a cloak, there are rings, tatts, collars, etc. I don't think we need this feature.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

I don't think we need this either, as it is now, just 'look so-and-so's cloak' and you will skip all the other things they are wearing, but like Triste said, some insignia are not always on the person's cloak.
The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

I think 'look <target>' should give you their Sdesc as a line under their ldesc.

This way, cloaks are still very functional for hiding a sdesc at a distance, or if someone doesn't get a chance to type 'l <target>' but if a PC is up close and personal to a hooded figure, the sdesc is not concealed.