Rarity and power of magick (poll)

Started by MeTekillot, November 17, 2021, 02:52:33 PM

How do you feel about the current player-available magick options?

I think magick is too powerful. I think it should be more common.
I think magick is not powerful enough. I think it should be more common.
I am happy with how powerful magick is. I think it should be more common.
I think magick is too powerful. I think it should be rarer.
I think magick is not powerful enough. I think it should be rarer.
I am happy with how powerful magick is. I think it should be rarer.
I think magick is too powerful. I am happy with how common it is.
I think magick is not powerful enough. I am happy with how common it is.
I am completely satisfied, both with magick's power and rarity.
Please note, this is for current magick available to average players via the typical application routes. If you're able, try not to consider magick used by staff animations or special sponsored roles.

Though slightly confusing in amount of answers, I think that magick should be more rare and about as powerful. Maybe a bit more powerful.

The problem and answer is that Magick (in its power level now) is very difficult for mundane people to defeat or affect. So a Magicker can move into a region and basically paralyze it just by existing.

So it wasn't an option, but I would like:
-Magick to be more rare (less Defilers please)
-Magick to be more powerful (Maybe a little)
-Magick to be more fallible (More critical fails, harder time regenerating magickers for Elementalists when they hit near 0, less predictability).

Magick SHOULD be scary. But it shouldn't be overwhelmingly impossible to overcome.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

I'm fine with the number of sorcerers in game, and I say this as someone who played a character who met like 3, but I feel like there are too many elementalists.

Quote from: Veselka on November 17, 2021, 02:57:42 PM
-Magick to be more rare (less Defilers please)

There's only three allowed in the game at any given time, right? It's literally a rule.

I'm largely fine with the number of mages and the power of magick inherently but I wish that mages weren't always running around slinging magicks at every waking hour of their lives, and I feel it cheapens the experience when it becomes more of a casual thing.

November 17, 2021, 07:17:19 PM #5 Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 07:19:43 PM by Night Queen
Yeah, even 1 has been enough to dominate the Allanak rumour boards usually - Why is anyone going to focus on rivalries when there's literally a life-eating monster creeping outside the house? (I remember Olek killed a newbie while spamming powers invisible and emoting farting I just thought why is this the thing we are encouraging and not more intricate stuff, why is stupid powers seen as the pinnacle of RP? Then wayed people to him to come fight suicidally, not exactly the pinnacle of interesting stories.)

It goes in a circle over and over, I think sometimes there should be 0 for a few months to give politics more of a chance to thrive?

Quote from: Night Queen on November 17, 2021, 07:17:19 PM
It goes in a circle over and over, I think sometimes there should be 0 for a few months to give politics more of a chance to thrive?

yes, please!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Yaaaas Night Queen.

Quote from: Gentleboy on November 17, 2021, 07:23:27 PM

Yaaaas Night Queen.

I would love for this to happen, but I have my doubts.