Focus point pool - Discussion Thread

Started by mansa, September 23, 2021, 11:27:38 AM

The recent update has made it so my (non-genius..) character can hold a Way conversation without great issue, so I think we're in a good spot now.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

I like it a lot. Good job. Will be a lot safer coordinating unit tactics in the field too.

Quote from: valeria on September 26, 2021, 01:51:42 PM
Hate it.  Even with high wisdom and sitting down, it's practically impossible to carry out a meaningful Way conversation.  Forget about being able to switch minds or multitask.

I hope it gets tweaked.  Anything that makes it harder to have conversations, much less organize meetings or events with other people, cuts down social interaction.  In a social game, that's really annoying.

If any tweak is considered, I recommend keep base as is, and give bonus (to either max focus point or recovery) based on wisdom. Wisdom shouldn't be a trash roll last stat for mundane and this change is excellent to contribute it.

Good tweak for sure.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I'd rather scan and watch and guard draw from my focus pool rather than stun pool. Neither fits perfectly but to me focus seems more related to concentrating on something than stun.

Regen Rate = Great.

Thanks for the tweak.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

I think it'd be themely and sensible for focus use and regeneration to be significantly increased and decreased -- respectively -- if you're injured, with increasing costs the more injured you are.

being able to way while climbing is so nice

Forgot to say that my full support is behind changing psionics to its own pool of points.