Brief spam

Started by Citizen Puddi, September 22, 2021, 03:09:14 PM

September 22, 2021, 03:09:14 PM Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 03:11:20 PM by Citizen Puddi
A brief command that filters out spammy skill or maybe even unemoted pick-up/drop echos what for putting the kibosh on unnecessary scrolling so that emotes and such don't get lost in a sea of nonsense.

I've been advocating for various forms of spam reduction for awhile.

I'm not sure as described here it'd work. Imagine missing someone dropped your buddies head on the ground because they didn't emote it?

One I like the best is for 'put 5.leaves box' or 'put all.heads case', move the items silently with one output.

One that I've seen mentioned a lot is a command for eatting food to not have to spam everyone around you. I'd also really like that.

Other then that I'm not sure what spammy skills would be filtered out.
21sters Unite!

Having the option to ignore other people's table talk would certainly help for large events.

Quote from: Narf on September 22, 2021, 08:06:14 PM
Having the option to ignore other people's table talk would certainly help for large events.

Quote from: creeper386 on September 22, 2021, 07:26:18 PMOther then that I'm not sure what spammy skills would be filtered out.

Initially the idea was for forage echos, as going salting with a couple of friends can get awfully spammy.

Could apply to crafting echos, mining echos-- there are a few really repetitive and not incredibly informative echos out there that would be nice to be able to filter out.

Table talk, as mentioned, would be a good'n too.

Or all the mounts that are doing stuff during a large RPT. Would be nice to switch that off.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

I could see brief being extended for way more. Similar to mercy and nosave.

I don't think an option to turn it all off what be a great fit for me, but I could see the use cases for sure.
21sters Unite!