Rule Breaking - Offshoot from other thread.

Started by Pariah, September 18, 2021, 09:00:59 PM

Are they though? This seems like a thread about a non issue. PCs have no problem breaking rules, they have been successfully doing it for the 20 years I've played the game. What they sometimes struggle with is the consequences of being caught.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Alesan: I put it in quotes for a reason, I have no need to go back and read it. And I in fact pointed out that it is a viable word as such people, IRL and IG feel like robots. Could the OP have worded things different sure. But He did not say "dumb robot" That has quite a bit different meaning then simply "robot" One is more insulting and you used the more insulting term and attributed it to another player who never used it.

I pointed that fact out. Now I point out that you seemed to have gotten butt hurt and then posted in a manner to justify that butt hurt by making it seem as if somebody said something they did not. And then you went on to add "not playing the game right" As if somebody had said that and nobody did.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

As to the rest.

I find that there are many newer players that actually have an issue with seperating IC rules and OOC rules, While OOC is the rules of game conduct to the player and should be followed if at all possible. The second is rules set down by Player Characters IN the game (even if written by staff or staff player colab, it is still considered IC that some PC or npc or vnpc of rank made known) and as such should be dealt with by your PC as a real person.

Take the rule on rape, That is an OOC rule on the player, Does such a thing happen in a world like Zalanthas, Yes, it does, It even says so in the docs, See half-elf or mul. But We, the Players cannot enact it in any way and breaking that rule will get staff on your ass with OOC consequences. While The rule on leaving the gates was put in place by a PC of some rank and breaking that rule and getting caught has IG consequences.

Next, If the clan rules are too stifling....BTC...I am not kidding, all the IC rules of every clan in the game have changed MANY MANY MANY times over the years and almost all the time it was done or at least pushed by players.

Take the Byn 2 days off, That has not been the case MANY times. But any time it gets lower it does not take long for players to see that the lowering of PC interaction OUTSIDE the compound is actually bad for RP and the clan.

It has even been higher, but then people get bored the other direction and break like city rules more often or you get much higher attrition and complaints from lower play time people because they joined the clan to spar and every time they log in for the 2 hours they have it is a day off.

I have changed the Byn schedule with every sergeant I have had, usually to help the players/pcs in the clan at the time.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: X-D on September 19, 2021, 02:49:55 PM
Alesan: I put it in quotes for a reason, I have no need to go back and read it. And I in fact pointed out that it is a viable word as such people, IRL and IG feel like robots. Could the OP have worded things different sure. But He did not say "dumb robot" That has quite a bit different meaning then simply "robot" One is more insulting and you used the more insulting term and attributed it to another player who never used it.

I pointed that fact out. Now I point out that you seemed to have gotten butt hurt and then posted in a manner to justify that butt hurt by making it seem as if somebody said something they did not. And then you went on to add "not playing the game right" As if somebody had said that and nobody did.

If there was no negative connotation intended by that post, then I stand corrected.

The passive aggressive reply.

But ask yourself, why does it matter if there is?

I do not know why I bother when I know better. Last post on this line for me.
Lizzie:

Seems to be a very polarizing topic for sure.

But yeah, we need to keep it civil or they will shut it down.

Disagree with me or anyone else all you want, but don't be mean or a dick about it.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"