Daughter/Woman Discussion

Started by Brokkr, July 18, 2021, 11:55:48 AM

assuming that the big tree is the same as those little trees makes you wonder what died to make it

Quote from: Lotion on July 30, 2021, 11:32:28 AM
assuming that the big tree is the same as those little trees makes you wonder what died to make it

I think, based on the next line in the story, that you can feed energy/magick to a tree to make it grow.  Not just "something died and that's the only source of a tree".

Gesturing towards the back of the ledge, the red-serpentine-scaled woman said, "The others are with us still," indicating four small, stunted saplings.  Larger than the two saplings in the Garden Papolaos fed with elemental power so that they might be harvested for the trinkets he wore.

So, how many lives has the tree consumed is probably a better question.  ..  Maybe  it consumed all the halflings.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on July 30, 2021, 11:36:15 AM
Quote from: Lotion on July 30, 2021, 11:32:28 AM

I think, based on the next line in the story, that you can feed energy/magick to a tree to make it grow.  Not just "something died and that's the only source of a tree".
That's even more dastardly, she used the shards of the tree from Luir's as a convenient way to kill the other sorcerers.
But even moreso she basically tricked an entire cult of fire worshiping mutants to sacrifice their life force energy (the thing that is codedly referred to as mana) in order to provide enough to fuel her ascension to dragon.

I was wondering when that assumption would come up.

I tried to incorporate allusions to aspects of Thryzn, dragon, phoenix, and yes even faerie, into what she became.  Which like her, was left nameless, purposefully.

I'm thinking she's some kind of entirely new form of sorcerer. Think true neutral rather than preserver or defiler.

She's about that mercy, but she'll burn a whole village army if she's got to.

I love this arc, man ... really happy it's happening.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Definitely what comes to mind when I imagine what an avangeon+dragon lovechild would look like. Very nice.

I'm just wondering what was in that small cubby about old kings dying, and who or what felt it open.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

So now we have Tek, Muk and Queen.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Old Kings Die.

Flame Queen.

Sun King's got some competition, methinks.

Quote from: Brokkr on July 30, 2021, 12:15:30 PM

I tried to incorporate allusions to aspects of Thryzn, dragon, phoenix, and yes even faerie, into what she became.  Which like her, was left nameless, purposefully.

There was a moment in the PBRPT when I thought that what was occurring was like, literally part of a dragon ascension sacrifice, but then I kind of guessed the other route, and it seems somewhere in the middle per the Woman stories.
"Everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

"Do not become addicted to water, it will take hold of you and you will resent its absence."

So looking at http://armageddon.org/help/view/magick%20mood
Echi which is also the name of the dragon dragon is a magick mood. I wonder if the Queen's existence also represents a magick mood as well or the ascension of Queen will cause a new magick mood to appear (latter I seriously doubt)

It would be something if a sorcerer's ascension caused them to embody a magick mood with their form and there could only be one ascended sorcerer for each magick mood. Seeing how brokkr explicitly mentioned neutrality for the current one I would expect Queen to be Viod.

Going down this road I'd suspect Tektolnes would have an ascended truename of Chran and Muk would have an ascended truename of either Hekro or Hurn (leaning more towards hurn due to how he is described in the chronology) but maybe Inrof because psionic stuff.

Quote from: Knight of Knives on July 31, 2021, 01:48:00 PM
Quote from: Brokkr on July 30, 2021, 12:15:30 PM

There was a moment in the PBRPT when I thought that what was occurring was like, literally part of a dragon ascension sacrifice, but then I kind of guessed the other route, and it seems somewhere in the middle per the Woman stories.
I'd imagine when there was a massive light in the sky in the north of the grey forest that was the ascension ritual. The sandstorm afterwards that went towards allanak was probably something else going on in the same area that might have been a little bit related.

I love the story! It really makes me want to dive into ritual magick or sorcery in Arm (next pc maybe). The magick system is so rich its what always bring me back to Arm..

I love the budding Sorcerer Queen and its really cool getting a peak behind the curtain. So often players never really know whats going on because we all get bits and pieces of a bigger puzzle. It would be cool we got to see the bigger picture more. Awesome Awesome job! I can't wait to see whats coming!!

The slenderness of womanhood brings power. I enjoyed the last story section.

huh, seems like the experiments on animals were related to turning people into trees of life