Possibly stupid question related to time

Started by DustMight, July 18, 2021, 09:58:01 AM

Waaaay back in the day there was often a reference to "ten day" that vaguely meant "awhile."

For a good while now time has been standardized, that I know. But having not played in a long while - do people still refer to "a tenday" as a thing? If we are referring to an in-game week, best to say "an elevenday?" It doesn't exactly roll of the tongue. What is the phrasing? Just "a week" to mean an 11 day period of time or the better part of a RL day?

Thanks!

Edit to add: I guess, reading the helpfiles, since the time is standardized, I guess it is easy enough to tell someone that my character won't be around for most of the week to just say, "Hey, I'm out hunting in the scrub for the next half-month."

Edit to add: I guess one more question: Are the moon cycles hitched to the time machinery in a structured way?

Common parlance I see is ic hour = ten minutes, day = 90 minutes, week = 1 rl day (not exactly but useful shorthand), 'this time of the week' = around this time RL, half-month = one rl week, month = 2 weeks, year = six weeks. They don't all line up perfectly but those are the useful shorthand.

As for the moons I'm not sure.  But it doesn't appear random to me so I'm pretty sure they're on their own cycle.

Yes the moons are predictable. And yes the Spy is right about common IC/OOC nomenclature .
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870