Nobility and Templars - Roleplaying them

Started by Pariah, June 13, 2021, 12:22:17 PM

Quote from: Iiyola on August 27, 2021, 03:56:05 PM
I played Lady Templar Akaria Tor.

While her background wasn't as spectacular, she was particularly insecure. She was quite two-faced in the sense that she kept up appearances but deep down inside she was always doubting herself.

Despite her cold and austere demeanor (and looks) she always felt she wasn't good enough. She loved history, she wanted to /make/ history, (and wrote a book or 2) just so she could maybe, finally prove that she indeed was worthy of her position. But it was never good enough, SHE was never good enough. So she put the pressure on her minions, but knowing full well she needed THEM, she was quite forgiving in the end (IF they had a good head on their shoulders).

Public displays of punishments, be it in the Cuddler or the arena would hopefully prove she was indeed the cold blooded Templar she seemed to be, outwardly. I did lots and lots of thinks and feels on this PC, particular when she was facing a Red Robe or other nobles. Unfortunately she never really got the chance, but if other nobles had tried to actually stroke her ego and show they "cared" about her on a personal level, she would've shown her true, insecure self, and possibly have given away lots of weaknesses to them.

She had, in hindsight, the Impostor Syndrome.
She was the Templar with the fake eye towards the end right?
I wound up playing your aide if so, for a bit. Was a fun time. I sadly had to store because school was starting up, but it was one of my favorite roles. It was fun being a frequent fuck up. I definitely was on the forgiving end a few times, and I always had a sense that she wasn't nearly as mean or cold as she pretended to be in public.

Yeah, the one with the glowing pink eye LOL

Losing her eye was a whole different story XD
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Iiyola on August 30, 2021, 10:45:14 PM

I remember meeting you in semi-private after the eye incident
I think I was like
"So uh...whats with the uh...thing?" and motioned at my face
And she said something like "What are you talking about?"
I then dropped the subject.

Quote from: Jihelu on August 31, 2021, 08:34:50 PM
Quote from: Iiyola on August 30, 2021, 10:45:14 PM

I remember meeting you in semi-private after the eye incident
I think I was like
"So uh...whats with the uh...thing?" and motioned at my face
And she said something like "What are you talking about?"
I then dropped the subject.
Like a good little commoner.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Iiyola on August 27, 2021, 03:56:05 PM
I played Lady Templar Akaria Tor.

While her background wasn't as spectacular, she was particularly insecure. She was quite two-faced in the sense that she kept up appearances but deep down inside she was always doubting herself.

Despite her cold and austere demeanor (and looks) she always felt she wasn't good enough. She loved history, she wanted to /make/ history, (and wrote a book or 2) just so she could maybe, finally prove that she indeed was worthy of her position. But it was never good enough, SHE was never good enough. So she put the pressure on her minions, but knowing full well she needed THEM, she was quite forgiving in the end (IF they had a good head on their shoulders).

Public displays of punishments, be it in the Cuddler or the arena would hopefully prove she was indeed the cold blooded Templar she seemed to be, outwardly. I did lots and lots of thinks and feels on this PC, particular when she was facing a Red Robe or other nobles. Unfortunately she never really got the chance, but if other nobles had tried to actually stroke her ego and show they "cared" about her on a personal level, she would've shown her true, insecure self, and possibly have given away lots of weaknesses to them.

She had, in hindsight, the Impostor Syndrome.

RIP Sergeant Rush of the Byn.
No way was he going to be able to stand against Akaria's desire to show she was the great and powerful Templar that she was, while there was even a HINT of a rumor that he once paid Amon'Ma 1000 coins.

Treasonous dog.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

September 03, 2021, 11:56:37 PM #30 Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 11:59:52 PM by Strongheart
Quote from: Riev on September 02, 2021, 02:04:39 PM
No way was he going to be able to stand against Akaria's desire to show she was the great and powerful Templar that she was, while there was even a HINT of a rumor that he once paid Amon'Ma 1000 coins.

Treasonous dog.

+1 in relatability

I remember encountering one called Lady Templar Eryn Fale who Templar'd my PC for badmouthing her ONCE and vaguely in Storm. One real life month later, my Stormer ended up being pulled to an alleyway after helping their aide. Even after sucking up to the Templar, she was like "nah, get dedded you rando commoner I shouldn't even recognize who has proven lucrative to me and mine".

Quote from: Strongheart on September 03, 2021, 11:56:37 PM
Quote from: Riev on September 02, 2021, 02:04:39 PM

Treasonous dog.

+1 in relatability

I remember encountering one called Lady Templar Eryn Fale who Templar'd my PC for badmouthing her ONCE and vaguely in Storm. One real life month later, my Stormer ended up being pulled to an alleyway after helping their aide. Even after sucking up to the Templar, she was like "nah, get dedded you rando commoner I shouldn't even recognize who has proven lucrative to me and mine".
No matter how bad I think I played my Oash noble at least I never killed anyone.
Now my Elf Assassin though...

Appreciate all the input in here, I don't know if I'd wanna play a noble really, but I REALLY want to play a Templar so this will help with the though process and fleshing out of the character when that time comes.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Thanks to this discussion and some on the discord I want to play a Templar so bad.
21sters Unite!