Did anyone else experience a lot of LAG tonight?

Started by Lagged out Character, November 13, 2003, 11:50:16 PM

Armageddon is text based yet I'm receiving lag as if it were the release days of Anarchy Online.  I'm positive the game response time was twice as fast yesterday.

That happens to me, somedays. Sometimes my connection to Arm is so unstable, I lose link every other minute, bah.

You can always ping the server and see where along the path from your computer to Arm you're losing packets.
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]

Did you mean traceroute?
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

It should be noted that the area where Ginka is housed has been experiencing sustained high winds with gusts over 60 MPH for more than 24 hours, and it seems it will continue for another 12 or so. This has led to a lot of power outages, and general wonkiness in the area.

-S

That last message was from me. Forgot to log in.

-S

Saikun, if that is his real name, wrote:
QuoteIt should be noted that the area where Ginka is housed has been experiencing sustained high winds with gusts over 60 MPH for more than 24 hours, and it seems it will continue for another 12 or so. This has led to a lot of power outages, and general wonkiness in the area.

Sweet! My area was experiencing high winds for several days too, resulting in my power to flicker every half an hour or so last evening. Does that mean Ginka is near me?

It's sad, but I'm seriously excited to learn this! It's like glancing in your koi pond and finding Atlantis.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Quote from: "FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit"
Sweet! My area was experiencing high winds for several days too, resulting in my power to flicker every half an hour or so last evening. Does that mean Ginka is near me?

That depends. Ginka is in central Connecticut. Since upstate New York means everything north of NYC, you could be near, or you could be billions of miles away. Seriously. Have you ever driven from Hartford to Buffalo? It's like a billion miles.

-S

Saikun, don't believe SBC. They're lying. I'm probably not more than 1/2 hour's drive from you and I've been online all day with no lag, no problems, no powersurges, no nuttin.

If you're in Central Connecticut, I could be even closer than that. Considering it's only 2.5 hours from far west to far east, and I'm in North Haven by the Wallingford border.

It's been windy as hell here, tree branches all over the place. But the DSL is working just fine.

If your DSL is skipping out on you, it's SBC and not the weather. They just like to blame it on everyone else.

Quote from: "Saikun"It should be noted that the area where Ginka is housed has been experiencing sustained high winds with gusts over 60 MPH

Hey, it's like that at my house for 1/4 of the winter (the other 3/4 it rains).  Did you sneak ginka into my closet?
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Only 1/4? Up here in the plains of Washington we get buffered by that sort of wind fairly often. Have some great thunderstorms too. Even had a tornado not too many years back.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Quote from: "Bestatte"Saikun, don't believe SBC. They're lying. I'm probably not more than 1/2 hour's drive from you and I've been online all day with no lag, no problems, no powersurges, no nuttin.

If you're in Central Connecticut, I could be even closer than that. Considering it's only 2.5 hours from far west to far east, and I'm in North Haven by the Wallingford border.

It's been windy as hell here, tree branches all over the place. But the DSL is working just fine.

If your DSL is skipping out on you, it's SBC and not the weather. They just like to blame it on everyone else.

I don't ever talk to SBC. They're useless.  I was just taking random guesses at possible lag, but it seems like what's-his-face was the only one complaining about it. I haven't talk to SBC since we set the thing up.

However, just because you were OK doesn't mean everybody was. There were a few thousand without power around Ginka the other day, so we just got lucky I guess.

-S

I say we bind what's-his-face and molest it.  Then try to mess with its head and convert it to good ol' fashioned communism.

Up yours, capitalism!
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

You realise communism can never work, right?
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

You realize you've just waived your life, right?

Look over your shoulder!
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

emote looks over his shoulder.

pemote eyes open wide as he takes in a sharp ghasp of air.

emote lets out a sigh as he realises that there is nothing and he is completely safe from all pseudo-marxist ideological forces.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

I'd hope you at least know that ideal communism probably is one of the better forms of government out there and probably the only type of government that would really work out in the long run?

The only problem is the human element. You *could* say the same about any other government but IMO communism would be the best if probably conducted.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Quote from: "creeper386"I'd hope you at least know that ideal communism probably is one of the better forms of government out there and probably the only type of government that would really work out in the long run?

The only problem is the human element. You *could* say the same about any other government but IMO communism would be the best if probably conducted.

And everyone who had to shovel dogshit would just be happy doing it.

If a form of government cannot handle the human element, then what does it matter?  I know, I know, enter the Marxist with the claim that Marxism has never been tried in its purest form.

The problem with communism isn't with communism. It's with people corrupting their power.

Also I think it's one of the only way monetary can be abolished IMO. If it wasn't for those little paper notes and such the world wouldn't be nearly as fucked up.

Yeah. Alot can be done with communism. The only problem is adapting it so the people in power don't have complete control.

Creeper
-Who really doesn't know anything.
21sters Unite!

Quote from: "creeper386"If it wasn't for those little paper notes and such the world wouldn't be nearly as fucked up.

Nah, even without those, we still have the fun of massacring each other over which is the true loving god who says to not to kill each other.

And without that, we'd wind up massacring each other over which was the best football team or superior operating system.

(Edit: Changed quote from original "The only problem is adapting it so the people in power don't have complete control." to the one I meant to quote.)

QuoteNah, even without those, we still have the fun of massacring each other over which is the true loving god who says to not to kill each other.

And without that, we'd wind up massacring each other over which was the best football team or superior operating system.

Religious problems and personal preferences that lead to problems isn't a fault of the government. It's the fault of people. You have those sort of problems all the time.

Creeper
-Who would like to add he wasn't online so can't comment on the lag.
21sters Unite!

Sorry creeper, I quoted the wrong part of your post.  If you check my post now, I think it will make a bit more sense why I said what I said in response.

My point was addressing the role of money in the the world's problems.