Shoulder's Up

Started by drunkendwarf, November 13, 2003, 01:51:08 AM

Anyone else think the shoulder location should be used for for some stuff?
Bandoliders on the shoulder as well as about the body?
Tents?
We might actually start seeing some PC's -without- a backpack!  :?

You'll see backpacks until housing is cheap enough that people don't need to carry every belonging they own on them at all times.

Actually, last time I checked if you are not looking for anything fancy, housing is relativly cheap and something most people on a guard's budget can afford.  The hardest part about housing is hunting down the proper person.

The shoulder pad for swordsmen were for those wielding large, heavy swords.  The sword was hung from their back, rather than sheathed, and when drawn was simply levered over the shoulder, rolling over the shoulder pad...this would be an awesome item for those wielding two-handed swords.  Also, some baldric like thingies for holding a weapon wouldn't be bad...the only things I've seen like that were wear_body and meant you couldn't wear a shirt under them, which I thought was kinda silly...especially as I am witness to a female character wearing one.   :twisted:  Oh, the snickers that elicited from me, you can hardly understand.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

http://www.zalanthas.org/ArmDocs/Community/format.html#objects

What're you guys waiting for, then? Submit!   :P

It should be noted, though, that the shoulder wear-loc is for things worn on the shoulder. So while shoulderpads for two-handed swords would work, packs to be slung over the shoulder won't.

I did submit a shoulder-worn armor thing. If it was implemented, I've never seen it in the game and no one told me, so I'm assuming it was never implemented.

Haiwolfe is right on.  Last time this topic came up Nessalin (I believe) quoted help_wear_locations.  Shoulder is not meant for things slung over the shoulder, but things resting on them.  Badges, birds, pauldrons, that sort of stuff.

There are shoulder bags in the game, they take up the same wear location as  a pack.

Considering the amount of stuff a PC can wear in this game...I think we have plenty.

QuoteConsidering the amount of stuff a PC can wear in this game...I think we have plenty.

Except facial jewelry should take up "in face", not the face slot. I should be able to wear a nose ring, a lip ring, and see the tattoo on my face, or put a mask over said jewelry. ;)

Okay, maybe that's overkill, but it could be flava'...
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]

Quote from: "SailorMars"
QuoteConsidering the amount of stuff a PC can wear in this game...I think we have plenty.

Except facial jewelry should take up "in face", not the face slot. I should be able to wear a nose ring, a lip ring, and see the tattoo on my face, or put a mask over said jewelry. ;)

Okay, maybe that's overkill, but it could be flava'...

I wasn't clear, I was talking in terms of storage.  With the right configuration you can wear at least 10 items that you can put things in (I'm not just counting sheathes either)

The shoulder position, in a way, is not a "real" wear position, but more of a decorative flavor, much like an ear wear-position is.  It's actually the spot just off the edge of your shoulder, at the very upper arms, rather than actually being the top of your shoulders.  It was implemented so that people could wear their badge or insignia without it taking up the arms wear position.

This spot is reserved for items like badges, insignia, and so on.  This way, you can wear your prized stripes over a variety of sleeves or armbands.  If your char opts to go sleeveless, well, I hope you'd decide to omit the badges.
Hope that answers some of the questions in this thread.
Ashyom

Aye.. Lotsa bags in this game.. I have a small bag that you can wear over the head... Which I don't understand at all.. bags hanging off my belt.. Bags everywhere.
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

Quote from: "sacac"I have a small bag that you can wear over the head... Which I don't understand at all..

That's for if you are REALLY ugly.
Back from a long retirement

Quote from: "sacac"Aye.. Lotsa bags in this game.. I have a small bag that you can wear over the head... Which I don't understand at all.. bags hanging off my belt.. Bags everywhere.
I know what bag you speak of...and I've laughed my ass off over it.  Apparently it's supposed to have stuff put inside and then balanced on your head or something...according to the non-silly people.  I prefer the 'Chef's Love Aid' angle.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

That's silly.   I've used it as a prop-blindfold-type thing before, sans the bananas.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Quote from: "Ashyom"The shoulder position, in a way, is not a "real" wear position, but more of a decorative flavor, much like an ear wear-position is. It's actually the spot just off the edge of your shoulder, at the very upper arms, rather than actually being the top of your shoulders.  ... This way, you can wear your prized stripes over a variety of sleeves or armbands. If your char opts to go sleeveless, well, I hope you'd decide to omit the badges. ...

Well don't mean to disagree with you, but I'd have to say everything I've seen that goes on the 'shoulder' wear location is acctually meant to go ON the shoulder and not on the upper arm.

Of course maybe the descriptions of everything that I've seen that says it goes on the shoulder is just wrong? And maybe Zalanthan birds are funny and stand sideways clinging from the arm? But I've yet to acctually see any badges or stripes that say they are around the arm. They have all been on the shoulder. I think I even saw a shoulder plate... Was that meant to be on the upper arm too?

Creeper
21sters Unite!

[Spooky music] I just put my money inside of it.... and put it in my belt.. or something.. like that...[/spooky music]
emote leave your mind behind.[/quote]