Broadcast by Sanvean: VOTE OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD VOTE

Started by Anonymous, November 09, 2003, 03:11:28 PM

I just tried out another permadeath RPI.  In the middle of a conversation with another PC a staff member broadcasts to the entire mud that the TMS vote listing just reset and everyone should vote.

I'd just like to thank the Armageddon mud staff for keeping voting reminders and the like out of the actual game.

I think voting reminders and the like are fine for this board or maybe a login screen on the mud.  But when mud staff starts broadcast begging people to go vote, its gone too far.

So thanks for being professional.

Quote from: "CRW"I'd just like to thank the Armageddon mud staff for keeping voting reminders and the like out of the actual game.
AFAIK the staff have never begged for votes.

Although back in the elder days a couple sometimes did. But they haven't done it since the new board ;)

Quote from: "CRW"So thanks for being professional.
How can a game be profressional? Especially a free game. This is not some job where they make money, where one is expected to be professional! They do everything they do for free. So be greatfull that we even have this mud! As for the announcment for people to go  and vote, I think is a great idea. It is giving a little opportunity for the players of arm to give back somthing to the hard working Immortals.  Anyway if I vote, and everyone else, and armageddon gets frist place we will have many more people trying out the game. Many more PCs to interact with and to have fun with.

If all you do is give and give and give, then the one moment you ask for somthing that will improve the game for everyone.... some jerk goes and shoves it back in your face.

(sorry if I sounded mean, I am just venting)   :(

Well anyway that is my opinion. Sorry if it was insulting :(

There is no need for the Immortals to broadcast requests for us to vote. We consistantly remain in the top ten, and that is good. And with the influx of recent players, it is safe to say that our population will grow constantly.

More publicity is always good, and I strongly urge everyone to vote, to bring players to the game, and so forth. I would even submit Armageddon to various PC gaming magazines for an interview, if I felt that the staff wished this done.

But let's not forget that more is not always better. Many times, with more quanity comes less quality.

(Although, if we get more players, maybe they will get more Immortals and expand upon the world...that would be cool...)
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: "The7DeadlyVenomz"
But let's not forget that more is not always better. Many times, with more quanity comes less quality.

(Although, if we get more players, maybe they will get more Immortals and expand upon the world...that would be cool...)

maybe instead of telling us in game they should give little reminders when you log in and log out. hmmmm

Quote from: "CRW"
I'd just like to thank the Armageddon mud staff for keeping voting reminders and the like out of the actual game.

I'd just like to thank the Armageddon mud staff for not attempting to lock us in cages, and beat us like dirty hobos while we were fed the occasional fish head or pig ass.
ere it comes..

Quote from: "Anonymous"
Quote from: "CRW"So thanks for being professional.
How can a game be profressional? Especially a free game.

Ok, if we are going to play semantics...

"Thanks for not breaking everyone's IC interactions with OOC broadcasts imploring people to go vote."

QuoteThis is not some job where they make money, where one is expected to be professional! They do everything they do for free. So be greatfull that we even have this mud!

Did I say anything that sounded like I was anything but grateful?  What is your point here?

QuoteAs for the announcment for people to go  and vote, I think is a great idea. It is giving a little opportunity for the players of arm to give back somthing to the hard working Immortals.

I think you are confused.  There was no in-game announcement in Arm begging people to go vote. That's exactly what I was happy about.  Its not becoming of a gameworld and a staff with the skills and depth of Armageddon.  The game itself is impetus to go vote, we don't need daily reminders while logged in.

QuoteAnyway if I vote, and everyone else, and armageddon gets frist place we will have many more people trying out the game. Many more PCs to interact with and to have fun with.

For fuck's sake, I'm not saying reminders to vote are bad.  Just reminders broadcasted in the middle of the game when people are trying to be immersed in a character.  Its a bit jarring.

I'm all for 'go vote' threads on the GDB or the vote button at the top.  Just not when I'm in the middle of mudsexing.

QuoteIf all you do is give and give and give, then the one moment you ask for somthing that will improve the game for everyone.... some jerk goes and shoves it back in your face.

I was thanking the staff of this game for the way they conduct themselves.  Are you sticking up for the other mud you imagine me to be talking about or are you just completely confused?

Quote(sorry if I sounded mean, I am just venting)   :(

Well anyway that is my opinion. Sorry if it was insulting :(

If you are going to be insulting, don't turn around and plant a 'I'm sorry' or a smiley face at the end of your post and imagine that will sanitize it.  I still think the way this staff handles voting is perfect, and it would be unbecoming of them to broadcast about voting in the middle of the game.

You know, I only even click on this thread cause the title is funny.
Hoping sanvean puts it in her sig:)
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: "X-D"
Hoping sanvean puts it in her sig:)

How do you know Sanvean is a woman... I prefer to consider Sanvean an entity, one who should put you in a sexually comprimising position for labeling it as a woman!
ere it comes..

Perhaps the reason people call Sanvean a woman is because she well... Is. It's a fairly well known fact.

As for global OOC broadcasts I'm sure it won't happend and I'd unlikely play much if it started to be common like,

World Wide Echo: Vote for us on TMS!!! We are only 7th!!! We need to be up there further!!! GO VOTE!!!!!!

Creeper
21sters Unite!

I agree with Creeper.

And now that hell has frozen over, you should all agree with him too. You have nothing left to lose.