Salarr Family Opening

Started by Ix Machina, November 08, 2003, 07:56:39 PM

We're looking for a self-motivated player willing to fill an opening in the Northlands as a Salarr family member.

Required:

- RP ability. Good account feedback is preferred, but not required.

- Willingness to devote time to social and political roleplay. Knowledge of Northlands politics is preferred.

- Leadership skills are helpful.

- Ability to take constructive criticism and communicate with clan immortals.

- Being able to be online for at least a few hours everyday is a big plus.

Please email xygax@ginka.armageddon.org and cc: ixmachina@ginka.armageddon.org if you're interested and for more details.
aikun: I have scratched the 1 off of my d20. I CANNOT FAIL!

This has been filled. Thanks to everyone who applied.

That time has come again, and Salarr needs you to fill some family member roles!

Please email ixmachina@ginka.armageddon.org and cc: karianna@ginka.armageddon.org and mud@ginka.armagedddon.org if interested.

This is for both northern and southern positions, so just add into the requirements:

- knowledge of political rp both north and south is preferred. Thanks!

This position is still open.

I'd like to extend that while knowledge of politics and having had leadership experience is helpful, it's not required. Playing a family member merchant is a great way to build up leadership experience.

"Sometimes you gotta go back to actually move forward. And I don't mean go back to reminisce or chase ghosts — I mean go back to see where you came from, where you been, how you got here. See where you're goin'. I know there are those who say you can't go back. Yes, you can. You just have to look in the right place."

Well I followed that advice and it brought me here, to the beginning for Salarr role calls still on record. And look at that, just five days short of twelve years.  Just like that day in Ages past, Salarr is once again looking for a new family member in a Merchant role - home base will be in Allanak, but travel is often involved.

Unlike the players of twelve years ago, you get to use the request tool to submit a Role Application request to House Salarr.

Please include:
1. The name of your proposed merchant.
2. A brief background for your character, perhaps a rough draft of a description. Edits can be made at a later time.
3. Some of the goals you'd have for the character, things you'd like to try and achieve, etc.
4. A summary of past game experience (or even RL) that you think makes you more awesome than other candidates.

Qualities I'm looking for:
1. A desire to involve and interact with other members of your clan and serve as a leader for them. Past leadership experience is nice, but not required.
2. A good working knowledge of the game world, the key aspects of Zalanthan culture, etc.
3. Consistent play times. Expecting a few hours each day seems a bit steep, but having a general presence is important.
4. Good communication. This is a leadership role, so there is an expectation for weekly reports.  Keeping staff informed of absences that can sometimes come up is also appreciated.
5. Enthusiasm.  Having fun with a role is always a good thing.

The deadline for applications is 11/11.