My Torture Complaint & The Culture Here

Started by Bebop, July 06, 2020, 02:47:46 PM

Quote from: Thomoto on July 06, 2020, 05:46:38 PM
Quote from: triste on July 06, 2020, 05:40:23 PM
Quote from: Thomoto on July 06, 2020, 05:37:48 PM
Quote from: triste on July 06, 2020, 05:34:09 PM
Quote from: Thomoto on July 06, 2020, 05:30:35 PM
Just because you ask me to not be apart of a discussion doesn't I'll stop. Fuck off with that bullshit, please and thank you.
There's your politeness so hopefully you don't start bitching out as a victim.

If we had voting, I'd let you have as much a vote as anyone, it's just uncomfortable discussing it with you. More reason voting would be nice. Everyone can simply register their opinion before game changes are made.

Then don't say shit like that if you're okay with me voting as much as anyone.
Jesus get your thoughts straight.

My thoughts are clear -- if I see a kid cheering on people talking about "no consent," I want to make sure they know about legal consent before they get in trouble. I am not trying to be condescending, I just strongly believe it's important for young people to know the law. I used to hand out pamphlets about the law when I was in highschool to my classmates. I am sorry I am a fucking dork and lame I honestly didn't mean ill by it.

I'm not gonna add anymore than: You missed the fucking point.
Also, microaggression is a thing.

I apologized to you and am not being micro-aggressive. Anyway I wish you the best.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Quote from: Malken on July 06, 2020, 04:39:28 PM
Quote from: Saellyn on July 06, 2020, 04:31:13 PM
Make Armageddon Great Again.

#NoConsent.

In a totally messed up way, this would probably triple our playerbase overnight.  :P
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

Again, you obviously missed the point.

At least thanks for the apology as half-assed as it is.
Quote from: Lotion on August 20, 2020, 06:40:50 AMresting as a city elf walking in the wilderness because "I was so close" and then got jumped by things that could easily kill me and I didn't have the stamina to escape.

Quote from: triste on July 06, 2020, 05:48:08 PM
Quote from: Malken on July 06, 2020, 05:44:20 PM
If we had voting, I'd let you have as much a vote as anyone, it's just uncomfortable discussing it with you. More reason voting would be nice. Everyone can simply register their opinion before game changes are made.

You could start with an unofficial GDB poll but I fear that might show you just how much of a bad idea voting on issues would be.

Staff already removed GDB voting because obviously it's easy to manipulate. While Armageddon could easily implement account locked voting, I'm willing to give it up.

Brokkr's reply to this thread was sufficient. We don't need the change mansa's proposing, it's repressive. Staff have a well thought out policy. Like BadSkeelz said, yam's reply is the best player reply here.

Oh, well I wasn't aware of that.

Well, https://strawpoll.com/create would be another good place... One IP, one vote.

It wouldn't really be worth much but at least it'd give you a good understanding of the kind of playerbase you're dealing with here.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on July 06, 2020, 05:55:11 PM
Quote from: triste on July 06, 2020, 05:48:08 PM
Quote from: Malken on July 06, 2020, 05:44:20 PM

You could start with an unofficial GDB poll but I fear that might show you just how much of a bad idea voting on issues would be.

Staff already removed GDB voting because obviously it's easy to manipulate. While Armageddon could easily implement account locked voting, I'm willing to give it up.

Brokkr's reply to this thread was sufficient. We don't need the change mansa's proposing, it's repressive. Staff have a well thought out policy. Like BadSkeelz said, yam's reply is the best player reply here.

Oh, well I wasn't aware of that.

Well, https://strawpoll.com/create would be another good place... One IP, one vote.

It wouldn't really be worth much but at least it'd give you a good understanding of the kind of playerbase you're dealing with here.

I'd be unphased as "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it," is one of the core tenets of my life.

I am tired of seeing people like Heade on one side and Mansa on the other, one asking for no consent rules and one asking for more strict consent rules, and having no way of compromising it.

I am tired of seeing Bebop quit because of some awful shit she said happened, and seeing Barsook quit because Bebop brought up this shit and it's annoying.

But other people here say voting is a "stupid" idea; fine, I'll concede Voltaire and a vast swathe of more contemporary intellectuals are stupid. Who has a better idea than voting or representative government?
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

I have a sense when you talk about voting, you are really talking about votes that decide the outcome, rather than an opinion poll.

This is not a government.  Decision-making authority is not going to be conceded to some player voting mechanism.  Staff will retain decision-making power.  Ultimate decision making power resides with the three Producers.

After multiple seeming "fuck yous" back and forth in this thread, I am locking it, as lacking in keeping to at least a basic level of respectful discourse.