Information about the Atrium

Started by Cuttlefish, November 02, 2003, 11:27:45 AM

What would my character, a citizen of Allanak, be expected to know about the Atrium?

I don't think it would be unreasonable for your character to know about it, especially if they are a servant or want to be one.  Certainly just chatting with those about the city who wear livery of one of the major houses would know.

I don't think you would -neccesarily- know.  But personally I don't think it would be bad roleplay if you did.  I think it could be something up to you.  But that's just my personal opinion.

I always like to play stupid some times when you have players describe things in game, you learn a little more abou thier character, and about the thing hey are talking about. Like i asked some one about house kadius. I knew of house kadius but i still asked and in the prossess i learned that they also not only craft fine clothing and jewlery and stuff but they also COOK fine foods.

Well, I was just reading the in-game boards and it was "Atrium this" and "Atrium that", so I thought maybe I should have some info.  I know nothing about them IC or OOC.

The question was, of course, WHAT would your character be expected to know. Not IF your character would know that it exists or not.

So I'll tell you what little I think your character would know, and hopefully someone else who reads the question correctly will answer it more fully.

Your character would know that it's some sort of school, whose primary function is to prepare citizens for service as aides, house-servants, and other of the more "genteel" occupations in Allanak. Meaning, not mercenaries or soldiers. However, as a "charm school" of sorts (though much more than that), it would help even soldiers become more "civilized" - as in, no more spitting chaw on the ground in the middle of the road, that kinda thing.

I'm sure there's a lot more than that, but that's what I know, through the gossip boards in the game itself, and here on the GDB.

Thanks Bestatte, that's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.  Not in-depth, but enought that I know whether I want to pursue it or not.