'holdback' command

Started by MeTekillot, September 18, 2018, 09:34:20 PM

A command that you supply a number (up to 60 maybe?) that cuts your skill checks by that percent when active. Should echo something like "You hold back your TRUE POWER" or something like that for most skill checks. Should automatically turn off and be unable to be reactivated if you drop below a certain hp threshold. Should also disable skill gains when active.

I like the idea of intentionally being less than your current coded skill level. It makes sense that some characters might find times when they want to look like they're not as good as they really are. You might want to pretend you're not the assassin that everyone is hunting down, and play down your combat skills. Or ruin more gemstones to prove that your teacher really didn't spend any time actually teaching you (while all the while you're making a fortune on the sly). Or prove to the templar that yes, you are capable of trying to steal - but you're really bad at it and therefore couldn't possibly be Amos The Master Thief.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I personally have wanted on a few occasions to forgoe the ability to parry entirely. Not for DEM GAINS BRUH! But actually just to show my character is going nuts, charging headlong into battle and not thinking straight. Would be a neat addition to the game for sure.