Two-handed

Started by Curious, October 25, 2003, 08:22:49 PM

A couple of questions, is two-handed a coded skill?
Should it show up in your skills list as a warrior?
If not, can one get better at it like other skills?

help Duel_Wield

its a skill yeah!
:)
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

Holding a weapon in two hands isn't a skill, though, and you won't get better at it (aside from the actual weapon skill) as far as I know.

EDIT: (spluttering in pleased surprise) Huzzah!

It's a skill now!

Doesn't anybody read the update?  The dream has come true at last!
Back from a long retirement

Quote from: "Gorobei"Holding a weapon in two hands isn't a skill, though, and you won't get better at it (aside from the actual weapon skill) as far as I know.

EDIT: (spluttering in pleased surprise) Huzzah!

If you read above and type Help duel_wield you would know it was a skill
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

Dual wielding two weapons is different than wielding one weapons in both hands.

This is a new skill and if you have the dual wield skill you should be getting this skill as well.  If it doesn't show up on your list yet, be patient.  If it's taking some time and you absolutely must have it, you can change your objective.  Just please remember to change it back once it's been added.

Jumping Jehosaphat  Yee-haa!
(That's what I think of these neat new features)
-- Person A OOCs: I totally forgot if everyone is okay with the adult-rated emotes and so forth?

-- Person B OOCs: Does this count as sex or torture? I can't tell.

-- Person A OOCs: I'm going to flip coins now to decide.

Thanks Myrdryn, that's exactly what I wanted to know! 8)
I logged in and saw that today and was like...SWEET! Not too important for my current char but someday...

Quote from: "Myrdryn"Jumping Jehosaphat  Yee-haa!

Quoted because I couldn't have said it better myself.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

I'm so glad the skill was implemented.

There's now (presumably) a coded reason to wield a weapon with both hands. I just didn't see any significant coded advantage, previously.

I thank the coder who was responsible for the implementation, after so many years of debate.

Someday I can grow food crops too!
Will that be the next coded skill Mr Green Jeans?