Crafting while seated

Started by John, April 18, 2017, 11:47:48 PM

I've just discovered that while seated (at least at certain "tables") everything on top of that counter is treated as if it was in your inventory for the craft command.

I don't know if this is all tables or only special ones, but God it makes things a lot easier.

Its for all items that can be targeted using the 'k .' command as far as I know.

That's even more awesome. How long has this been the case?

Yep, this works. However, you cannot target multiples of the same item that are on a table while crafting.

e.g.,

>look table
On the table:
a couple pieces of bone
a shiny gem

>sit table

>craft bone gem into #1
You begin crafting!

>craft bone 2.bone into #1
Nope, this won't work.

IIRC, this wasput in place several years ago because low agility characters (mostly half giants) couldn't do simple things like build a fire because they couldn't hold five items in their inventory at the same time.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

June 13, 2017, 03:36:05 PM #6 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 10:04:15 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Quote from: Molten Heart on June 13, 2017, 03:36:05 PM
Crafting things on the ground is also a thing. The results end up in inventory.

If you are coordinated enough to hold them, heh.

Quote from: John on April 18, 2017, 11:47:48 PM
I've just discovered that while seated (at least at certain "tables") everything on top of that counter is treated as if it was in your inventory for the craft command.

I don't know if this is all tables or only special ones, but God it makes things a lot easier.

This is true for anything on the ground or on a table object. If it is in the same room as you are and accessible in that manner (containers, such as a chest for example, don't work) then you will be able to target it with a crafting recipe.

What you can't do is target two of the same item unless they are in your inventory or on the ground.

So if you are crafting something with five feathers, four of them need to be in your inventory or on the ground.

Oh, I already responded to this thread.

Whoops.