Idea: Expansions to hunt

Started by Delirium, February 26, 2017, 03:54:51 PM

I'd like ideas on how to expand hunt in the city.  Wilderness hunt I have plenty of ideas! More are welcome.

> if someone has used the bury code
Something was recently buried here.
-- wears off after 180 mins

> if someone has used the forage code
There are signs of digging in the area.
-- wears off after 270 mins

> There should be tracks left if someone has "entered" or "left" an area
--- acts like normal tracking

> If someone has quit out in the area
There are signs of someone camping here recently.
-- wears off after 90 mins.
---- This is because sometimes you track someone and their tracks disappear. You should know if this is an IC or OOC event.

If someone attempted/succeeded in picking a lock.

If someone was subdued in the room. ("Signs of struggle")

If someone has slept in the room.

If someone fell in to the room.

If someone has skinned something in the room.

I know its a long shot but if the person you were tracking was wounded perhaps have a small indicator of some sort.

Quote from: Hauwke on February 26, 2017, 04:44:26 PM
I know its a long shot but if the person you were tracking was wounded perhaps have a small indicator of some sort.

That actually exists already, but only once they're wounded to a certain extent.

Is it possible that this is taxing on the system?  I mean all these things are multiple flags on every single room of the mud.

Quote from: Dar on February 26, 2017, 05:39:05 PM
Is it possible that this is taxing on the system?  I mean all these things are multiple flags on every single room of the mud.

I doubt it? There are already flags on every room of the mud?

I like these ideas. Would make the hunt skill more fun and
useful.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

I do think "hunt" could entail a few more things than "someone came this way" and "they were running". I definitely am a fan of the "someone has been digging here", a little less on the 'something has been buried here'.

Absolutely like the 'signs of a struggle', but I know the "combat has happened recently" already exists.

I think "city hunters" would probably know if someone fell into the room from somewhere. I'm not exactly sold on "someone tried to pick the lock" per se, most of the locks in game have probably got scratches from attempted pickings over the years.

Still a big fan.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I am okay with additions but would like the odd chance of a false positive thrown in. Like you think you see signs of combat but there wasnt or think a print belongs to a dwarf but it was just a 9 stone, 60 inch tall human, etc
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Wonderful idea. This would make the hunter subguild more appealing to me.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.