Hello Again

Started by Melkor, January 31, 2017, 09:44:00 PM

Greetings, Everyone. I'd just like to say hello,  and I hope everyone is doing well. I have made ~30 characters in the past, but I am happy to say that I just made my first character in a decade! Feels good to be back. I see a great deal of changes, btw. Also, I'm a fecking noob when it comes to syntax in some situations! Should be a blast learning again.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Awesome.  Welcome back!
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Welcome back!  I look forwards to playing with you!
How about a scavenger hunt?

We're all noobs in some situations!... at least, that's what I like to think.

Welcome back, and I hope your comeback goes well.

Fuck yeah!  Players!
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Just when I think I'm out...they pull me back in!
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

Welcome back! Make prolific use of the helper chat. For each person we help, staff adds +1 guaranteed IG lashing to one of our future chars. I'm up to 54, so I see a lot of elves in my future.
Quote from: Miradus on January 26, 2017, 11:36:32 AM
I'm just looking for a general consensus. Or Moe's opinion. Either one generally can be accepted as canon.

WHERE IS MY BARD'S BARREL?? >:(

Quote from: Melkor on February 01, 2017, 04:02:21 PM
WHERE IS MY BARD'S BARREL?? >:(

You mean Red's Retreat (which wasn't even supposed to be its name, either). Bard's Barrel only existed in Oceania, before the GREAT FIRES PURGED THE NON-BELIEVERS.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Lmao wow. I'm glad I didn't leave before the kanks were killed off, that would have been quite the shock.

I still miss them, though.

Welcome back!
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

So, I think so far, my biggest hurdle is reconciling my lacking OOC knowledge of changes to the landscape with my character's IC knowledge. I expect this issue to persist both in the wild and within the city.

Quote from: Melkor on February 03, 2017, 09:57:45 AM
So, I think so far, my biggest hurdle is reconciling my lacking OOC knowledge of changes to the landscape with my character's IC knowledge. I expect this issue to persist both in the wild and within the city.

When Tuluk got slightly consolidated, it took me a WHILE to figure out where the hell I was going.

Navigating the landscape outside a city? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Lmfao. Not everyone can live a plush, silk-laden life within the walls.

By the way, did the staff just decide one day "Hmm... Walking in this game is too safe... We should put holes in the roads... Yeah. Big fuckin holes.... And put baddies in the holes... Yeah."

Ehh...something like that.  Yeah.   ;)
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

Similar to how "This road that's been here forever, and is always used, SUDDENLY AND MYSTERIOUS IS AFFECTED BY AN EARTHQUAKE". Once something becomes "the norm" and deemed a "safe option", staff tend to find a way to make that not-so.