Release Note discussion!

Started by Riev, January 16, 2017, 10:32:07 AM

Quote from: Krath on November 06, 2022, 11:00:13 AM
Halaster can you talk specifically to what is being changed with respect to:

- First pass on weapon damage standardization, which is just the underlying code with no DB changes

Yeah, I'll be making a more detailed post about it soon.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,49825.msg1084580.html#msg1084580

QuoteDecember 11, 2022 (Sunday)

Oleupata
- While affected by mul rage, characters cannot use the commands eat, drink, taste, sip, smoke, or sniff

Halaster
- NPC's will no longer regenerate health while affected by bloodburn
- More work on new weapon project
- New material type for magick weapons
- Fixed spell wearoff room message for nilazi spell
- Analyzing an object will show you all the recipes you know (skill, clan membership) that it will appear in, even if it's not the only object.  Be warned, it could be spammy!

omg the analyze change.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Huge game changer for crafters. Also for forgotten recipes with obscure ingredients. Very cool.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

I <3 the change too.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

For people without a character, it now looks like this:

analyze <item1>
<item1> cannot be crafted.

This could be used to make '<FINISHED PRODUCT ITEM 1>' with '<skill>' and combined with...
  <item2>
This could be used to make '<FINISHED PRODUCT ITEM 2>' with '<skill>' and combined with...
  <item2>
  <item3>
  <item4>
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Oh, it actually shows the recipe? That's even better.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

I hope this makes more folks be crafty types.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Quote- Analyzing an object will show you all the recipes you know (skill, clan membership) that it will appear in, even if it's not the only object.  Be warned, it could be spammy!

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!  I
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

December 11, 2022, 11:56:35 AM #1484 Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 12:34:48 PM by Pariah
Cooking alone is blowing my mind...

I bet there are recipes that are about to be created in game, that haven't been created in YEARS or DECADES.

Not to mention, that clanned crafters are going to discover long lost recipes for things.  Maybe it's stuff they always ordered because they didn't know how to make it.

This is going to open a golden age of "new" shit for people to wear/eat/use in the game.

It has farther reaching benefits too, think of the crafter who knows they need a certain hide, or a certain body part, hunters can be dispatched searching for it, plots around hunting begin that aren't just "Go kill this big bad monster for bragging rights."

I'm rarely optimistic, but I think this will help us keep more players in the game, the ones who don't want to be killers or hunters will now have way more utility.

Stonecrafters, Jewelers, lots of subguilds now will have targeted things to ask for, grebbers become a real player required part of the game again versus just a way to make coded money making.

Storehouses and warehouse can be gone through, the true value of an item can be gauged, things like intestines that you thought were useless now have a use.  Hooooly SHIT.

I'm -so- fucking stoked for this.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Fantastic change.  Hours of reading to come.

Kudos for this!

I hope no one plans to get any roleplay done today with everyone hidden away analyzing ALL THE THINGS!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

analyze everything

THANK YOU!!

Kudos to all the staff who did the thing and all the players who helped advocate for the thing. Much love to you all.

Best change ever.

Alright, now who analyzed a piece of bone and crashed the game?
You don't see that here.

+1 for a great deal of YES!
Its the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fiiiiiine.

This is the best change I've seen all year. Much love, ya'll. Beautiful stuff!
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

SCENE:
A commoner is meeting with a Kadius Overseer at a fancy tavern:
The silk dripping man nods to the salty grebber, while looking at an uncut diamond, "So you want to make this into something for your beloved?"

the salty grebber nods a few times, "Yeah, my girl is Darla the whore, she said she'd go with me if I could get her a fancy piece of jewelry, and I'm trying to get her out of the life, besides those other guys are just sid, she loves me!"

The silk dripping man barely conceals a smirk and nods, "Riiight, well if you bring a piece of jozhal bone, I can make it into a grand piece for the small sum of, one large."

The salty grebber smiles and produces the jozhal bone from a ratty sack at this side, "Like this!?"

The silk dripping man nods again, "Yes, and the coins?"

The salty grebber digs in his pouch and pulls out a large sum of sids handing it to The silk dripping man, "Yea yea here!"

END SCENE
CUE SLOGAN :(Musical) Every kiss begins with Kadius!
FADE TO BLACK

This is the type of thing that can happen now due to this change and I'm all for it.

I absolutely love this change. Thank you for this so much.
Halaster the Shroud of Death says, out of character:
     "oh shit, lol"

Usiku, "Seemed like Jeffrey Dahmer was pretty pro at the locked apartment kill."

This opens up so many opportunities for RP/Code Fusion, actually being able to do what you roleplay.

You can now be a chef, and really make different dishes without years of ooc knowledge.

You can be a perfume maker and use a way underused skill floristry.

You can be a legit tailor, focusing on making clothing that's not armor based and not be in Kadius.

You can categorize things by color without memorizing every recipe for dyes and combinations of things like feathers.

This is probably the most revolutionary change to the game in a long long while.

I wonder how many times 'analyze' has been typed today.

So many fun discoveries already with minimal exploring the new feature. I'm also happy knowing some of my old mastercrafts, whose recipes were otherwise unlikely to be discovered, might see the light of day again.

Quote from: flurry on December 11, 2022, 09:39:46 PM

So many fun discoveries already with minimal exploring the new feature. I'm also happy knowing some of my old mastercrafts, whose recipes were otherwise unlikely to be discovered, might see the light of day again.

Yeah I am currently playing my favorite crafting skillset, and I am amazed at what I have found.
Grebber - One who grebs.

As of about 10:25pm ST, so around 13 hours since this change went live:   1,735
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Best code update of the century.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Halaster on December 11, 2022, 10:26:26 PM

This fixed every gripe I think I've ever had with the crafting system. I'm so excited to see how this pans out.

Quote from: Halaster on December 11, 2022, 10:26:26 PM

Rookie numbers, gotta pump these up.