Campfire Squeal!

Started by nauta, December 01, 2016, 05:35:30 PM

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeal!

Updated Help Campfire Making to account for new process.
--Akariel, Xalle

http://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Campfire%20Making

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

A aah.  That explains some things I saw yesterday.  Thanks!

Is dung kindling or is it the equivalent of firewood?

Dung should act as both kindling (as you can craft certain kinds into tinder, then into kindling) or firewood (since the old recipes for poopfires still exist). It can also still be used to fuel fires, if memory serves?

Quote from: Akariel on December 02, 2016, 05:06:49 AM
Dung should act as both kindling (as you can craft certain kinds into tinder, then into kindling) or firewood (since the old recipes for poopfires still exist). It can also still be used to fuel fires, if memory serves?
Thanks! (Poop is what I expect most people use in Allanak for fires).

Bone also burns if dried properly Iheard somewhere, not sure if its a legit thing though.

It might be unrealistic, but could we make campfire objects gettable (i.e., you can pick them up)?  Two reasons:

1. You can then analyze campfire to learn the recipe.  (I've found through trial and error with various objects at least three ways to make a campfire.  This was before the code change.)

2. You could then junk extra campfires in save rooms.

But let this cast no shade on how pumped I am about the new campfires.  No shade!
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: nauta on December 02, 2016, 05:31:36 PM
It might be unrealistic, but could we make campfire objects gettable (i.e., you can pick them up)?  Two reasons:

1. You can then analyze campfire to learn the recipe.  (I've found through trial and error with various objects at least three ways to make a campfire.  This was before the code change.)

But let this cast no shade on how pumped I am about the new campfires.  No shade!

Or perhaps we could make analyze work on objects both in your inventory, and in the room.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on December 02, 2016, 06:00:16 PM
Quote from: nauta on December 02, 2016, 05:31:36 PM

Or perhaps we could make analyze work on objects both in your inventory, and in the room.

I want to be able to 'clean room broom' to sweep up ashes from a campfire.

Sweet!

But what I really want to know is... can we set half-elves on fire? Will they light up the room? ;D

can we get '>enter bonfire' as a valid command for suicidal characters?
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson