Would this even be possible? Private Staff Board

Started by Reiloth, November 22, 2016, 01:59:45 PM

I was thinking, after prompting nauta to put in a request to ask Staff a question, that wouldn't it be infinitely easier and way less paper shuffling if:

1 - The Player has a private question for Staff. Does Magick make you gassy?

2 - The Player posts on the 'Private Ask the Staff' board. The player can't see any questions besides their own.

3 - Functions like the Ask the Staff board now. Can't post replies, can only be responded to by Staff.

Might cut down on the need to use the Request Tool, and allow for more fluid conversation between Players and Staff.

Not even sure if it's possible with the board upgrade, just a thought!
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I've seen something like this done prior, I like the idea, but I'm not sure how feasible this is with SMF.  I'll take a peek, but I make no promises.
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

For "quick" answers that don't affect your character or the game, I suppose this would be great, but I worry that it would become a place more of "send in a request" because it would require more in-depth tracking and whatnot.

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

November 22, 2016, 03:24:30 PM #3 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 10:46:32 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

I dig this!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Riev on November 22, 2016, 03:10:35 PM
For "quick" answers that don't affect your character or the game, I suppose this would be great, but I worry that it would become a place more of "send in a request" because it would require more in-depth tracking and whatnot.

Yeah, I think it could have quick guidelines -- And maybe could even have restrictions like PMs do (time based, can't post a million questions or even questions back to back, can't ask for clarification about the same question to try to get the answer you like). Those rules AFAIK apply to questions anyways, or resolved requests from Staff. So their answer is the answer.

I just find a lot of us recommend asking Staff in a request, but that just creates more paperwork, and takes a while to resolve usually. Might even be easier for Staff to pop on the GDB to answer questions than the request tool. I dunno!
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I'm not necessarily against it, but... I don't see the point of it either. That's kinda what requests are for.

Question requests are usually resolved pretty quickly in my experience!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.